Chaper one

The only thing I could think about was that sneeze, that single sneeze would change my life for the worst. You see, living on the over land there is a lot of rules, one of which is "A single family can only contain two parents and a single child" but my mother had twins... I lived under the floorboards for 17 years. Only being able to come out few times a day to eat or when the cost was clear. But one day during dinner, while I was enjoying my food.

"So, Mom, how was your day?" I asked.

"Uh, just a normal day... How was your day?" she asked me back. I knew She knew how my day really was, she seem sad. As if she is guilty of something.

"Pretty good, I finish that book." I lied trying to make it so I sound happy, when I wasn't. "You think you can get me the next one?"

"Of course, I already have." she said as she walked into the other room. She came back and gave me the next book.

"Thanks! you're the best." she still looked sad as if to say that she isn't the best, but she supplied me with the only connection to the outside with books on philosophy, and magazines full of my older brother's amazing doings, like winning the state music festival, making a new line of clothes, being a straight 'A' student with a beautiful girlfriend -- whom is also the general's
daughter-- Sometimes I get jealous of him, but then I remember that some people are meant for greatness and I'm simply not one of not one of them. I guess I'm grateful like Living in secret because I won't be teased and made fun of for being nothing compared to my perfect brother. My brother had everything, he had a gorgeous high class girl she was almost Royalty. He had a talent in everything he does, music, writing, math, art, name it and he can do perfect on the frost try. He was handsome himself too, perfectly toned body, thin, tall, tan, fashionable. He name is Alexander, but he goes by Ander. His life is set out right in fount of him. But of course there's me, a tall, thin, I do have the same eye as him, blue husky like eyes. Although I'm thin, very thin, and weak, pale, I can't even grow a complete beard, leaving me with an uneven scruff. It doesn't matter to me, I live under floor boards, and at least no one but my family has to see me. Ander is still disappointed in me though, he said that I can do something else then hide my face in books. He tell me all the time "We shared a womb! You can be just like me." but to ever successful man there's the lesser twin hiding in his floor broads.

The general showed up, to have a personal chat with my father, due to this I ran and squashed myself into the closet -- a very old one if I might add.

"My daughter shared some news that she learned from your son." the general said in his raspy voice.

"That is?" replied my father.

"She said that last night on their date, over dinner he shared a secret... That he, in fact had a twin brother that still is alive to this day." the general said in a more stern tone.

"Sir, I have no clue what you're talking about. We did have twins but the younger one was too weak and couldn't be saved." my father sounded more frantic than ever.

"Do you think my daughter would lie to me?"

"No! Of course not sir!"

"Then you shouldn't mind, if I take a look around?"

"Go ahead, sir." my father said as he opened the door for him.

In the old closet's dust begin to take their land on my face, making my nostrils experience a painful burning in the bridge of my nose... Then in a controllable whiff, I let out the full force of my lungs out my nose in a sneeze that could wake a Bear from its hibernation. Everything. Was silent. Then the door swung open, And there stood was the general, the tall, pointy faced man with a face only a mother could love, stood there in front of me.