Chapter 1: Tension

~~Syn/Brian's POV~~

"I hate these stupid meetings," Johnny groaned, spinning in the chair. He's not the only one. These meetings are boring, but today's will be different. 

"Yeah but it needs to be done," Matt said, grabbing the back of the chair mid-spin, making it stop suddenly and almost throwing Johnny onto the floor. Today were sitting down with our manager, talking about things with Arin. He's just not bringing to the table what he did with Hail To The King. So we've been talking, and today we're making our final decision.

"Hey," Zack said as he walked in. "I called Arin, we have twenty-five minutes to decide."

"I don't know, I mean, we could always work him harder. Plus Kim is pregnant and getting really close to her due date," I said, rubbing my hand down my face.

"Brian, we can't back out on this. We need to do it if we want an album that blows all the others out of the water," our manager, Larry, said as he sat down at the end of the table.

"I know, I just feel bad because what if he can't get a spot in another band and support his family?" I asked.

"Then we'll all help them. It's not like we're completely cutting ties with him, we're still going to be friends," Matt explained, sitting in the chair next to me.

"Don't worry Bri, it'll go well. He's a smart kid," Zack patted me on the shoulder as he walked around the table and sat across from Matt.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Arin asked, walking in and sitting in Matt's usual spot at the other end of the table, across from Larry. As soon as his butt hit the chair, tension filled the room and it felt like the air around us became heavier. I glanced around the room and judging by their faces, everyone else noticed it too.

"Uhm, well we've been talking lately," Matt said. "And we've noticed that with this album you just aren't as good as you were with Hail To The King. You aren't as motivated this time."

"So we've come to a group decision," Larry said, folding his hands together and resting them on the table.

"A-And what's that?" Arin asked, his voice a little shaky.

"We'd like you to exit the band Arin. We can't have anything holding us back," Johnny said, a serious tone in his voice.

"Now, this doesn't mean we still aren't friends. You and Kim are apart of the family," Zack smiled.

"I totally understand where you guys are coming from, and I completely respect your decision. If it's what you think it's best for the band, then we'll part ways," Arin said, smiling sadly.

"Come here dude," I stood up and pulled him into a hug. He hugged me back and it soon turned into a group hug. "Alright, this is getting a little weird guys."

"Well, I guess I should go home and tell Kim," Arin said as he stood up and grabbed his phone off of the table. "Want me to turn in my jacket?"

"Dude, this is a band not a motorcycle club. Keep the damn thing," Matt said, causing us to laugh.

"Alright," Arin smiled in a amusement and left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Should we call Portnoy?" Larry asked after a few minutes of silence.

"No, he's busy with his own things right now," Matt replied. We all nodded and began talking about potential session drummers and who we want to play drums on the album.

"I think Brian should do it," Johnny said, leaning back in his chair.

"What? Why me?" I asked, snapping out of my daydream. These meetings are boring, you can't blame me for zoning out every once in a while.

"Because you and Jimmy were the closest. He taught you stuff, didn't he?"

"Yeah, but we all play drums," I stated.

"But, you can play almost exactly like Jimmy," Zack said.

"I thought we wanted a different sound?" I asked.

"Guys, stop trying to persuade Brian. If he doesn't want to, we'll just make him," Matt smirked. I just rolled my eyes and dealt with the guys trying to get me to track the drums for the next two hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is short and not what you expected for a first chapter, but it'll get more interesting in the next couple of chapters. I promise 

xoxoxo ~KloeLee666