Chapter One: President? More Like Moose With the Biggest Antlers!

"Something's wrong with Canada," Matthew said quietly.
"How do you know?" Arthur asked, his giant eyebrows raised in concern.
"I can feel it," Matthew explained. "It's like a disturbance..."
"In the Force?" Alfred laughed. Breathing loudly and talking through his hands, he droned, "Matthew, I AM YOUR POLAR BEAR."
"Who are you?" Kumajiro asked sweetly.
"I'm Canada," Matthew replied quietly, patting the bear on his head.
"Tell me more about this disturbance," Arthur instructed.
"Does it have anything to do with maple syrup?" Alfred asked around a hamburger.
"Not everything in Canada has to do with maple syrup," Matthew squinted at him. "Where did you get that hamburger?"
"I dunno," Alfred shrugged. "Magic, dude. Magic."
"Can we please get back on topic?" Arthur sighed in exasperation. "Matthew, what are you feeling?"
"Um..." Matthew frowned. "I don't know. I'm sorry."
"Perhaps we should investigate," Arthur suggested.
"Yes! Investigate!" Alfred jumped up from his seat amidst hamburger wrappers. "I'll join you! I'm the hero!"
"You idiot," Arthur rolled his eyes. "Come, boys, let's go to Canada."

The group landed in Ottawa the next day. After gathering their luggage from the carousel and stopping for yet another hamburger for the always hungry Alfred, they drove towards Matthew's house in the center of town.
"All right, Matthew," Arthur assumed his usual role of bossiness. "We need to determine the cause of this disturbance you're feeling. We should start by talking to the Prime Minister."
"Hey, why are you in charge?" Alfred frowned. "I'm the hero!"
"Shut up, you bloody git," Arthur dismissed him. "Matthew, what do you think?"
"I don't know," Matthew replied quietly. "I guess so, sure."
After dropping their luggage off at the house, they met with the Prime Minister.
"There is a problem," the Prime Minister confirmed soberly after hearing about Matthew's feeling. "Our national stockpile of maple syrup is diminishing rapidly, and we haven't been able to determine the cause."
"Ha!" Alfred yelled. "I knew it had to do with maple syrup! I told you so! I'm the hero!"
"You're no bloody hero," Arthur glared at him. "We still need to solve the problem."
"I'm afraid there's only one way to solve this problem," the Prime Minister declared.
"I understand..." Matthew trailed off.

AN: Dun dun duuuuunnnnnn...