Chapter 1

"And in other news, another 18 year-old woman by the name of Lyric River Song was kidnapped last night. According to her friend who was with her at the time of the disappearance, her and Song were at a bar, when Song went to the restroom and stayed in there for a long time. After about five minutes, her friend became suspicious, and check the restroom, only to see that Lyric was gone, with the window open. When the police arrive 30 minutes later, they found no clues. No footprints, no fingerprints, nothing. Could this be the work of a ghost serial kidnapper? Let's talk to David, who interviewed Songs friend," the news reporter said, her voice showing clear signs of concern.

I turned off the T.V. as they switched from one camera to another. The victims are creeping closer to my age, and they're all being kidnapped at bars.... Well, there go my Saturday night plans with Pooja, I groaned to myself. As if on cue, Pooja walked through the door, holding bags of groceries.

"Hey, Mimikins, I got your favorite. Ramen!" she chirped happily, putting the groceries down and joining me on the couch. Then she took a look at the annoyed look on my face. "What's wrong?"

"Our Saturday night plans are ruined. The kidnapping are getting closer to our ages, and they happen in bars now. Better to be safe than sorry..." I replied, as she took a few locks of my long purple hair and started braiding it.

"Fine. If we can't go Saturday, let's go today!"

"And that would help because?"

Well, if you noticed, the kidnapper only strikes once a week, and he already came this week, so we can easily infer that he won't be there."

"You really wanna go clubbing, don't you?"

"Yep. Now get your lazy butt up! We're wasting valuable dressing time! You can get the shower, I don't need it." She got up and practically skipped to her room. As she left, I sighed and got up, heading to the bathroom.

If you couldn't tell already, Pooja is my roommate. She is the perkier one out of the two of us, and she's definitely braver. But what I lack in bravery, I make up for in logic. All in all, we make a great team.

As I stood in the shower, letting the water rain down on me like a bunch of small, massaging bullets pelting my skin, I began thinking to myself. What if Pooja is wrong? What if he really does strike today? What if I get kidnapped? I should stop worrying about it. I'll bring my can of pepper spray, just in case.

I got out of the shower, ran to my room, and got dressed. After I had pulled on a mini dress and heels, curled my hair, and put on my makeup, I took a good look at myself in the mirror.

There, staring back at me was a slim 5'2 girl with blue eyes and lavender-colored hair in ringlets that cascaded down and framed my face. I was wearing light blue shimmer eye shadow, a baby blue dress that cut off just above my knee, and 2" silver heels. I grabbed a small blue purse that had my wallet and pepper spray.

Time to face your fear, Miku.