A Twisted Wedding Day 11-61

So this is another attempt at writing for me. Please let me know how everything looks to you. Once I start getting some feedback I will start adding people and making this reader friendly. Some of this is real stuff from my life, the majority is false. Let me know what you thinkJ-Tiff

October 6th, 2011

There I was, standing with the man I love, Dustin, in the front room of my parents house. It was our wedding day. There had to be at least a million pictures taken or more, I felt. Dustin had rented a Convertible 1957 Chevy, painted candy apple red and cream for the big day. Even though, we were just going to the courthouse. Our little baby boy, Riley, was in his car seat right by our feet fast asleep.

“Mom, I think that’s enough. Please Mom! I can’t see, there’s a million spots in front of my eyes!”

“Tiffany, it’s not every day my baby girl gets married!”

Ok, let me back up a little for you.

My name is tiffany and I moved to Alabama a few years ago. After a few long years and bad relationships to go with it, I met the man of my dreams, Dustin. A few weeks after dating we realiz4ed, after some not so careful, “fun” we’ll call it, we found out we were pregnant. After a very long 9 months, we had a beautiful little boy named Riley.

So that brings us here. We waited to get married until after Riley was born.

We all walked out of the front door and into the rented car. Something about this car just screamed “take me back in time!”

We got to the courthouse and signed all of the paperwork, showed all of our information, and said our vows while our family watched (and cried), and our son slept in our arms. We kissed and we were officially married by the state of Alabama.

It was still very hot outside, even for October in Alabama, so we decided to send Riley with my mom back to the house. We had some errands to run so we just took the rented car that sported “Just Married” on the back.

On the way home, Dustin looked over at me and smiled. I looked at him and asked, “You think we did the right thing by getting married?”

“Of course we did,” he sounded kind of hurt by the question. “We love each other and we have an amazing son together. What better way to spend our lives baby!” I just smiled and nodded my head to show I agreed with him.

He was still looking at me when we veered off the road all of a sudden and down an embankment. He tried to take control over the car that was still out of control. All I kept thinking about was our son and how I was happy he was safe but there was that lingering question “Was I ever going to get to see him again?” I looked over to Dustin for reassurance but he also looked panicked.

Just when I thought we were in the clear we smacked head first into a tree. I smaked my head into the stereo and then the world went dark.

When I woke up it was dark out and all I could see was my love in the seat next to me, the blinking lights from the front of the car and the illuminated vintage stereo in the car.

I tried waking Dustin but he had hit his head pretty hard as well. I gave him one last shove and his eyes flickered open.

“Are you ok hunny?” I asked him.

“Yea but I think I hit my head really hard, I hear an old fire truck, police car and ambulences coming this way.”

How hard had we hit our heads, I heard them too.

Well what do y’all think? Sorry kind of left you guys hanging but feedback would be awesome. I know it’s kind of predictable but I promise it will get better. What will happen to them, what will happen to Riley?