s e q u e l : o n e

"here comes our power couple!" aaron smiles at hayes and i. hayes planted a kiss on my forehead and my cheeks turn rosy red. crazy how i still feel butterflies after this long. it's such a blur on how we ended here but the story is nostalgic in every way.

#mayes has been a thing for 3 years and our love story is still a hit in school. not only are we the power couple, we are the only couple to have lasted this long. yes, even longer than kaylor but we all know how that ended.

"okay, babe, i got to go to class." i planted a quick peck on his soft lips.

"we are still on for coffee after school right?"

"you know it! bye aaron!" i waved hastily as i jogged to last period.

meghan spotted me down the hall, her lips curved upward as she ran giddily. her orange pumps clattered the floor harshly as giggles escaped here and there.  "maya! guess what!"

she never ever gave me time to say 'what'.

"i'm starring in a movie this summer!"

"wow, congrats girl! where is it being filmed? france? milan? belgium?"

"i wish! it's being filmed in the land of dreams, cali!" she starred at the sky in awe.

"wow, my best friend is an actor now! i would like a rolex and a purple porshe waiting for me."

we both burst in laughter. okay, i know what you're thinking. 'mean drama queen is your new partner in crime?' yeah, after the successful plan freshman year, we really connected. she is actually not mean, she's just a mean petty. come on, the girl helped me take kassie down and take hayes out. what do they say? keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

"ugh, i'm so excited, but that means we can't do our s.s.v. and we have been planning it for so long!" her excitement turned to sadness in the matter of two seconds.

s.s.v. = senior summer vacay

we planned to road trip all the way to miami from north carolina. all the stops were planned, the hotel booked, and the rv ready to roll. even though we have been talking and planning for years now, it could turn into a r.s.v., random summer vacay.

"don't worry." of course i was upset because it was one thing that i looked forward to as my new chapter of life would begin. i would obviously try my best to not express it whatsoever because i'm super happy her and i did everything i could to let her know.

"well, trust me, i'll fly you out and maybe we'll reroute our trip from la to las vegas." she smirked.

fake ids, gambling, booze and incredible buffets doesn't sound so bad.

she continued on, "this would be a perfect chance for you and hayes to have some fun-innocent fun by all means."

"you're right. i'm gonna ask but i'm pretty sure he has plans with the guys. they haven't seen each other in awhile."

we jumped excitedly, hugging each other as we rotated in a circle. we continued to talk about her upcoming filming career as we strolled to last period. once we were there, our ap biology teacher started talking about the powerhouse of the cell which is something we learned in 7th grade and then retaught in 9th. what a bore he was. in order to waste time, meghan and i passed notes as if we were in middle school again, trashing the teacher's flooded, faded khakis and bleached stained polo. at least his hair was fixed in a messy cute style but everything else was a simple flop. with our trash talk and gossip filled notes, the time flew by quickly.

"one more week." i sighed gratefully.

"then we are out of the jail house." meghan smiled.

there was a bit of sadness in our voice. the thrill of senior year comes to an ending point especially with finals and questions of the future are constantly nagging at you, but at least my future was looking pleasant so far.

arms tugged me into a warm body as soft kisses landed on my face. my face started to glow as my eyes met shining blue ovals. "babygirl." hayes snuggled his head into my neck as he rocked me back and forth.

"ready for coffee?"

he nodded his head as we penguin waddled our way down.

i have been anticipating this coffee date since last night. i can't tell you how long i haven't had a drop of a dark roasted ice coffee. it's been literally years.

"do you wanna come meghan?" i asked her as she typed away on her phone.

"as much as i would love to 3rd wheel the afternoon with you two, i can't. i have a date with a sophomore." she bragged.

hayes glanced at me with a disgusting face, "a sophomore?" he mouthed to me.

"oh, and here he comes now."

asphalt vibrated under our feet as the engine of a 2017 mustang roared from inches away. the black beauty screeched in front of us. hayes was in awe and so was i. i'm not a vehicle enthusiast but i have to admit that it is a pretty sweet ride.

the door swung open and stepped out a very familiar face.

"jack j?"

"hey ladies and gent!"  his voice smooth like it was before. his auburn hair hadn't changed a bit and his baby face still youthful.

"jack!" hayes ran up to him with his arms opened.

"hayes, it's been awhile." jack smiled as he squeezed hayes.

you guys remember jack johnson. he was in the little popular crowd when we were freshmen. now he's gaining some fame along side jack gilinsky, his best friend. they left north carolina and headed to california in order to build their career. they are hot in the charts right now, topping up there with justin bieber and drake.

"meghan, why didn't you tell us that jack was in town? j, why didn't you call bro?" hayes hit him on the chest. jack laughed as he ignored the fact that he just got hit.

"i wanted to surprise you. i know you are graduating next week so i couldn't miss that." another bromance moment occurred as us girls stood back in happiness seeing our boys together like old times. it has been years since we seen them, all of them juniors or seniors when we were just "kids".

"so double coffee date?" meghan nudged my arm as she cheesed.

"yeah, double coffee date."

-

"wow, 3 years? i don't mean any harm but i'm kinda surprised." jack spoke truthfully.

honestly, same.

"yeah, and many more to come." hayes pulled me closer to him.

"what about you two lovebirds?" i arched a brow as i took a sip of my coffee.

meghan's face beamed a bit as she shared a glance with jack. his hand grasped her as he started to tell us about the love story. they reunited at a cast audition and started to hang out. jack would invite her to the studio and she would ask him for help with certain scenes. the history they had together also spiced up their new flame & boom, here they are now.

"wow, your fans must hate her." i joked as meghan kicked my leg from under the table. laughter spewed from the harmless humor.

"actually, his fans doesn't know yet." meghan confessed.

"well, luck to you both on your career and relationship." i smiled wholeheartedly. they acknowledged me back with the same cheeky grins. we continued to talk about old memories and i'm pretty sure we went through 3 cups of coffee each.

it's so crazy when i think about it. in front of me is my freshman nemesis and beside me, holding my hand is the football captain. i had this exact date planned with kassie at one point. we would plan double dates all the time but now i do the planning with meghan. crazy right?

things are constantly changing and i'm praying that all the changes will be for the best.