The Proposal: A Harry Styles Short Fanfic

This is a short imagine I wrote. I hope you guys like it. The picture on the side should help and there is also the song that is mentioned at the end. Hope you guys like it! Please comment and let me know what you think! I will try and do requests if possible! :) xx

This is specially dedicated to my best friend Nabilah! ;)

I awoke to see emerald green eyes peering down at me through long lashes. As always his curly brown hair was a mess, but I loved it that way. His arm was snaked around my waist as if to protect me even in my dreams. He smelled clean and fresh just like today, the first day of spring.  I smiled feeling like the luckiest woman alive.

               “Good morning, kitten,” Harry said lovingly. “Did you sleep well?”

               “I always sleep well with you by my side, Haz,” I said.

               He grinned, making his dimples pop. Involuntarily, my fingers reached out and touched one. Harry pulled me closer and lowered his head until his lips touched mine. He tasted like minty toothpaste. The kiss was gentle and sweet, unhurried like we had all the time in the world. My fingers tangled in his luscious hair as Harry left a trail of kisses down my neck. Suddenly I felt the skin on my neck grow cold. My eyes flew open.

               “Why did you stop?” I whined. Harry merely laughed and leaped out of bed.

               “As much as I would love to continue, we have a big day ahead of us,” he said, matter-of-factly.

               I propped myself on my elbows, inspecting his naked torso. When I’d first met him, I hated his tattoos but over the years I had gotten used to tracing my fingers along the intricate designs, making him giggle. He caught me staring and grinned cheekily.

               “My eyes are up here, kitten.” I blushed madly and threw a pillow at him. He caught it easily.

“I’ll draw you a bath,” Harry said, turning to go to our bathroom.

“Where are we going today?” I called after him.

He popped his head out of the door and winked, “You’ll see!”

I rolled my eyes, getting out of the fluffy bed and walking sluggishly to the bathroom.

“Alright, curly, get out of here before I strip.”

He smiled and kissed my cheek, “I’ll be in the kitchen making breakfast.”

After the bath I changed into some comfy yoga pants and Harry’s “Hipster Please” t-shirt. I loved that t-shirt and it took a lot of begging and persuading but he finally let me have it. I walked down to the kitchen. The smell of pancakes and omelets made my stomach grumble. Harry stood in the midst of flipping a pancake. God, he looked hot when he cooked. My arms wrapped around his slim waist as I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his temple.

“Thank you,” I said. He really was the best boyfriend in the world. He just smiled and told me to sit down. Harry filled our plates with food, and we began eating. The pancakes melted in my mouth. He was a fantastic cook.

“So where are we going?” I asked again, hoping to get lucky this time.

“I told you, it’s a surprise.”

“Fine,” I huffed. He laughed as his warm, large hand engulfed mine.  

A few hours later Harry told me to get ready.

“How will I know what to wear if you won’t tell me where we’re going!” I complained.

“Don’t worry. I’ll pick out your clothes.” And he did. He chose his favorite: a white sundress with maroon and dark blue flowers. He always loved it when I wore that outfit. I applied a little makeup and made a Dutch headband braid and let the rest of my curly hair cascade down my back. Harry was patiently waiting for me in the living room wearing my favorite outfit on him: a fitted white, long sleeved Henley shirt with dark jeans. His curly hair was still messy but it only made him look sexier. His green eyes lingered on mine when he saw me.