Chapter 1 Remember

Shaun's POV

I remember every word he said to me. Every word he screamed, hoping I would break. But I didn't give in. I refused to give him that satisfaction.

<>

"You are not worthy, Shaun!" he shouted as I was standing in front of him my hands in my pocket. "How can you do this to me? " He asked me. Him? I didn't do anything.

"I didn't do this on purpose!" I told him. "You have to understand me!" I pleaded. That's when the old fucker swing his first blow at me. I landed on the floor wincing. I wasn't a huge guy but I wasn't small either but I won't hit him back.

"Stand up!!" he screamed as he drink one sip from his beer bottle. He was pretty drunk already.

"Don't!" I hold up my hand when he stepped closer to me but he didn't stop. He kicked me in the stomach a dozen of times and I was only waited for his next ones.

"How? You always were a different little shit!" he laughed. "I knew something was wrong with you. I sometimes thought you are not mine." he chuckled. "But this?? Oh no! I am gonna hit you until you forget this shit! You are not gay! You are not fucking gay!" he leaned down to me and grabbed my jaw.

"Dad... " I whispered.

"Are you still gay?" he asked me challenging me.

"Yes!" I hissed at him and he punched me again. I couldn't breath when I heard the door crashing. I started to cough so badly I couldn't stop and my ribs hurt so badly.

"Police!!! You are under arrest!!!" I heard Connor and I went under the dark dreamland.

<>

I woke up sweating in my bed. I might have been screaming too because Connor was standing at my door.

"I am sorry." I mumbled to him.

"You actually didn't scream at all this time."I nodded to him rubbing my eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"The baby is up. Lorraine is feeding her." he smiled and I smiled back at him. "You were mumbling about your dad again." he rubbed his neck.

"I dreamt about that night again." I told him.

"I see. " he nodded and walked inside of my temporary room. I was living in his house because after me and my mom moved into the new house she become this strange women. She is going out a lot and she is having guys around a lot and I couldn't bear it. Not because I want her to be alone. I just I couldn't bear to hear when she is having sex with the guys. I shivered at the thought of that. "Have you talked to Jacob?" he asked me.

"No." I shake my head and sighed. "I didn't want to bother him. He is so happy with Daniel and I am a mess." I told him.

"You just don't know how to feel." I chuckled to that.

"I am not gonna tell him how I feel. He already knows I regret letting him go." I told him.

"Okay then... Are you gonna tell me why Samuel punched you before my wedding?" I snickered to that.

"I was too brave to talk to his sister." I smirked. "Even I am gay! He thought I am gonna fuck her." I told him without mentioning him my feelings I had for her. It was new and in the last 9 month I was dying inside. I wanted to contact her and tell her that something changed inside of me. I wasn't sure what but it did and it was her fault. I was a walking body. Nothing else. My brain wasn't there where it should be. I try to concentrate on my job at Daniel's company but I just couldn't. Not that I had a huge role at all but Daniel gave me an opportunity so I don't want to betray him.

"Well." he chuckled. "Samuel has good instincts so there might be something going on." he told me.

"I don't know. I will let you know when I figured my shit out." I told him as I rubbed my eyes.

"Connor?" I heard Lorraine voice and I see her  standing in the door.

"Hey!" I waved to her.

"You okay Shaun?" she asked me and I smiled.

"Yep. Definitely." I told her and she smiled at me holding the little Kris in her arms. She was three months old and full of happiness. She is always smiling and god she is so cute. I stand up and walked up to her. "Can I hold her a little?" I asked her and she nodded. She gave her to me and I smirked when she got hold of my finger. Her beautiful blue eyes searching mine. Lorraine touched her head.

"Awww... You love uncle Shaun, do you?" she asked her and I chuckle. Kris chuckled and I hand her back to Lorraine. "What's wrong?" she asked me.

"I don't know." I shrugged and walked back to my bed.

"Have you talked to Noelle yet?" she asked me. I looked at her and sighed dropping my body on my bed.

"I couldn't and I won't. Samuel is always with her when they are going out. He is like a wolf guarding his mate." I shudder.

"You know he is just protective over his sister." She told me.

"His overprotectiveness makes her crazy." I mumbled. They chuckled and I wince. "Don't tell her I said that."

"Promise." she chuckled and I smiled.

"How about apartmant hunting?" Connor asked me.

"That's my clue to move out isn't it?" I asked them." I will try." I mumbled and looked at them.

"It's fine, Shaun. We love that you are here. You help us so much." Lor told me and I see her smile down to Kris. "I am gonna put her in her bed." She told us and walked away.

"I think you should call her." Connor winked at me and he walked out closing my door after him.

~~~<>~~~

Thank you for reading. Please vote.:)