Chapter 1: A New Day

"Honey, pack your bags." said Aunt Marie.

 "No." I said, throwing my backpack onto the dusty floors. A huge thud erupted from it. Probably my cheap laptop. I needed a new one anyway. 

"Spirit Rose Coda! I will not take no for an answer. Pack your bags, or I'll move without you." screamed Aunt Marie. 

"You know, if Mom and Dad were here, they'd let me live on my own. I'm 17 for gods sake, I don't need you, or anybody. Just leave me alone. Your lucky I even chose to stay with you." I shouted back, fuming more than I had before. I wasn't really mad at Aunt Marie, but I really just missed Mom and Dad. Ever since the plane crash, I couldn't stop bringing everything back to them.

She just cave me this stern look, as if it was the end of my life. I didn't care. Why should I? How can I move away from home? FOREVER!

Whatever.

I picked up my bag and heaved it towards Aunt Marie who had a "told you so" look on her face. She hopped in the car, and motioned me to get in.

"No," I said, folding my arms.

"I swear to god, Spirit, you are such a headache!" she groaned.

"Well then maybe I'll just go die like how Mom and Dad did. Is that what you want?" I shrieked. I really didn't mean it, but what else could I say?

"SPIRIT! I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR ARROGANCE! YOU GET IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW, OR I WILL SEND YOU TO A FOSTER HOME!"

"YOU DO THAT!"

Then, she got out of the car and yanked my arm to the front seat.

"Ouch! Stop! Quit it, monster!" I said, slapping Aunt Marie's red hands.

She just pulled harder.

When I finally got in the car she just stared at me, like I was a freak of nature.

I just wanted it to be a new day.