Chapter 1: Movie Night

As I walked back upstairs, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket an answered.

"Hello?" I say

"Daniel?" The person on the phone asks. "This is James, I'm outside your house"

"Oh! Is Mary with you?" I ask James.

"Yeah. We're waiting dude. It's cold" he tells me, impatiently.

"On my way" I reply, hanging up and running downstairs.

I see James and Mary standing outside my door through the entry way window. I open the door and they rushed in, rubbing themselves for warmth.

"So what movie you guys wanna watch?" I ask them.

"Something scary" James says, teasing Mary.

"Nooo!" Mary says. "I hate scary movies"

"Scary Movies it is" I say

James chuckles as Mary frowns at me.

We walk into our living room, and Sir down on the couch. I start flipping through the horror movies on Netflix.

I find one that I like.

We'll watch "The House" I tell them.

"That's the movie that the Reese twins watched before they were murdered!" Mary said, shivering.

"Whatever" James says, rolling his eyes.

*an hour later

Halfway through the movie, James and I are interested, while Mary is closing her eyes and rocking back and forth on the floor.

"Mary, it's ok" I say, chucking "It's not real!"

Right as I finish my sentence, the door in the kitchen creaks open.

Mary screeches, and I look over to see my cat walking out of the kitchen.

"Mary! It's just my cat!" I say as me and James burst out laughing.

"Im scared" She tells us.

"The things in this movie are fake!" I tell her. "There's no need to be scared.

"They're real" she tells me. "I've seen some of them in your house."

"What?" I ask her. "When?"

"Last week." She begins. "During the party, I went upstairs. When I opened the door to your parents old room a lady was siting there. I though she was someone from the party so I asked her why she was up there. Then she looked at me"

"I think you were drunk" James says, smiling.

"No!" She says. "It was real! Her face was grey. I blinked and she was gone."

"Why did you go into my parents old room anyway?" I asked her.

"I don't remember" she says.

Just then, I hear a door slam upstairs.

Mary jolts up.

"That wasn't your cat..." Mary says shaking.

James stands up and starts heading up the stairs, and suddenly stops and looks in terror ahead of him.

As I catch up to him, I see what he sees.

A man is standing there, hood over his head. Mary sees it as well and screams. Then there is a flash of lightning and he's gone.