Chapter 2

I made it into history and sat down at my desk. I set my books down and looked around. Zane and his girlfriend were making out at their desk, and well it was pretty much everyone doing that except for me. I'm the only single guy in my grade. I'm always single though. I've never even dated anyone before. It's sad.. Where everyone sits, they set it up so like it's a boy and a girl sitting together; me being the only exception, 'cause there's more boys then girls. So, I sit by myself. It's not like I really want another person to sit by me throughout the whole day making fun of me either. I'm good with it though. I like to sit alone.

The teacher walked in and everyone stopped lip locking and was quiet.

"Okay class, today we are going to start reading the classic" Romeo And Juliet," Mr. C smiled at us.

The whole room in unison moaned in annoyance. I sighed boringly. I knew this was going to be extra boring.. It's just a stupid love story, god... Why do we need to learn about that? I don't even think love is real. I think it's just a fake thing. It can't be real. All it'll do is break your heart and put you through unwanted pain. Who would want that? I sure didn't.. I knew I would never fall for anyone. Not that it could even happen. I laughed at myself for thinking that. My thoughts were cut off by the teacher talking again.

"Ahhh, I can tell you all are so happy to start this! I'm glad there's enthusiasm!" Mr.C stared at the classroom with laughing eyes. Everyone just sat there.

"Okay, get your books out and go to page 1 please." He said again.

I could hear the pages turn from everyone elses books. I heard giggling from behind me, so I turned around, and saw Matt and his girlfriend whispering back and forth. I could tell it was about something dirty. Typical Matt. I never really payed much attention to what everyone else did in class.

Mr.C started reading out loud, so I listened.

The bell rang and I went straight to my locker, and got my things. The girl who has the locker next to me walked up to hers too, but I didn't really bother noticing that much.

"Hey, how come you are such a loner?" Asked the girl. I think her name is Abby, or something with an A.

"Me?" I asked.

"Um yes, you? I'm looking at you. Who else would I be talking to..?" Abby said.

"Oh, um iderno?" I said awkwardly. I didn't really know for sure at all.

"Oh, well that's kind of weird.. No offense," she sneered while looking at my arm.

Then she walked off. I brushed it off and made my way outside. Luckily, I dodged Zane. He didn't notice me.

I got home and I saw my dad's car back. Great.... I thought. I walked inside and he was on the couch watching TV.

"Hey, you forgot to clean up my room before you left today kid," he said coldly as I walked in the door. I started to feel a little shaky.

"Crap. Sorry dad. I had to finish some homework this morning that was due today. I'll go do it now." I lied. I had to figure something out. I did that homework way last night.

"That's no excuse to not clean my room. It is something I told you to do. You disobeyed me. You know I hate it when you do that. You have to listen to me." His deep scary voice intimidated me. He was raising his voice now. I was nervous. Very nervous. He got up and walked over to me.

"Is this going to happen again, kid?!" He shouted in my face. His breathe smelt like alcohol.

"N-no s-sir it won't," I managed to throw out of my mouth quietly.

"Well why don't we make sure of that," Dad whispered.

He came up, and his face looked so scary. I braced myself and closed my eyes. I felt a searing pain on my face. I opened my eyes and he was stumbling. He was a little drunk. I felt my face with my hand. It really hurt. He hit me, I sighed. He looked at me, and walked closer.

"How does that feel?!" He slurred obnoxiously.

"Not g-good," I whispered.

"You little girl. You are so weak. That's why I don't like you. You know that right?" He said, rudely. "MAN UP DEVIN!!!" Dad yelled again.

I felt my heart sink even deeper down. I knew it. I know he doesn't like me. I started to tear up. I'm a terrible person.

Before I knew what was next I felt a strange pain in my stomach. It made me nauseous. I realized I was on the floor and my dad was standing next to me. My stomach hurt so much. I was starting to have trouble breathing. Did he just punch me in the stomach? I opened my mouth trying to breathe easy. I felt a small tear fall from my eye; I couldn't help it.

"That's what you get little girl." He spat. And then he was gone.

I felt my face again, and looked at my hand. There was blood on it. I think he didn't bother trimming his nails. They dug into my skin. I managed to get myself up, and barely walked to my room. I went to my bed, and fell into an uneasy sleep.