Chapter One

Chapter One

 "I'll go get some more popcorn," I said standing up.

"Okay," Leda muttered pausing the movie. She sat up smiling and handed me the popcorn bowl. Taking the bowl to get more popcorn was just an excuse to see her older brother. Matthew Skye was in the twelfth grade and we were in tenth. He was two years older than me, but I was more mature for a tenth grader. I smiled walking down the hallway and down the stairs. I heard Matthew's voice and a few others from downstairs.

I took a deep breath and walked down the short hallway to the living room. Matthew and three of his friends were sitting on the couch. Two of his friends were playing a video game where you shoot zombies. It was quite gorey and graphic.

"Hey," Matthew said smiling. He stood up and strode over to me. He stood about six inches taller than me, which made me have to look up at him. His dark brown hair covered his electric blue eyes.

"Hi," I said, my heart skipping a beat, which almost made me drop the popcorn bowl. He gave me an unsure look, as if I was going to faint. And I kind of felt like I was going to faint. "Who's winning?" I gestured to the flat screen with blood splattered on the ground coming from a dead zombie, which made me shutter.

He chuckled, glanced at the screen also. "Alex is winning, he's the one with the black hair." I nodded and smiled. "So what are you doing?"

"Getting more popcorn," I said motioning to the kitchen. I started to walk to the kitchen with Matthew by my side. "We're watching a movie."

"What movie?"

I opened a bag of popcorn and put it in the microwave; setting it for three minutes and pushing start. "Umm, It's about some girl who has fake sex with a guy so everyone will think he's straight, even though he's actually gay. I don't remember the name of it though..."

He nodded as if he was really interested in everything I was saying. He kept staring at my lips, which made me self conscious. I pulled out my chap stick, putting some on. "Sounds interesting."

"Eh, ish. Leda's mostly watching it. I'm staring at the screen, but just day-dreaming and eating the popcorn."

"I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm like that too. When me and my girlfriend, Landie, go out to the movies, my eyes glaze over." He chuckled with a small smile, showing those cute dimples of his. "You know Landie, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she has bright neon pink hair. Everyone knows her." I smiled half-heartedly. I hate Landie Genes. She was so nice and pretty and everything that Matthew needs, but still I hated her. She was basically the definition of scene, which pissed me off. There was a group of scene kids at our school, that myself, Leda, and Kelsey, our other best friend, were part of. And Landie wasn't the  most scene kid. She was by far the least scene, because she was on the cheerleading squad.

The beep of the microwave snapped me out of my hatred towards Landie. I pulled the bag out and dumped it in the bowl. "Nice talking to you." I hurried out of the kitchen, down the hall, and up the stairs. I needed to get out of there fast. I loved talking to Matthew, but when he brought up Landie... "Popcorn's here."

"Ooh, thanks." Leda smiled showing her pearly whites. She pushed her half-purple half-jet-black hair out of her green eyes. She took a bite of the popcorn and pushed play. I smiled and lied down on her bed thinking of Matthew and I kissing. It would be magical if we dated, but there was a problem, he was Leda's sister. I sighed and watched the rest of the movie.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hope you like this story so far!!! I hope to have another chapter up tomorrow!!!!

-SerialLover