Trying to Love

Chapter 1:

Today was the day. I was moving to go to the college of my dreams. It was my dad's college which made it even better. I loved my dad. When mom and I would fight or disagree, he would listen to my side of the story and give great advice. I was sad I was leaving him. My younger sister and brother were upset I wouldn't be there to root for them at their ball games and such. I can understand that because they were always there for mine. Well, James was anyway. Karyn is only 4 years younger than me so she would either be at school or too lazy to go. Mom would be missed, but she would probably call me, text me, message me, or comment on Facebook post as many times to ask how everything is going. That won't bother me because I would probably do the same. 

I hope things will be different at college. I am moving from a small town in Mississippi to a big town in Tennessee. I hope I never have to deal with any of these people that have hurt me here. No one really knows about my history of heartache and depression but I hate people knowing everything. There are some people though that know when I have been hurt and going through a difficult time. I probably will miss them.  

I am glad my true friend is coming with me. She has been my friend since 6th grade when my friend which I basically called a sister turned on me. Sasha has been there for everything. Well, most of everything since she really doesn't know about some things in my life. I am very secretive, aren't I? Well, it was time. I started the car, said my last goodbyes, and left. The hours that took to get there felt short, but I was happy to get a second chance. I hope I get a second chance. I think I deserve one. Sasha happened to realize I was over-thinking things and asked what was up. I just turned, smiled and said, "I hope everyone likes us. I hope we can make many friends." She smiled and agreed. 

We climbed the many stairs to our dorm room. It was pretty big and the rule was that we can decorate it as we wanted but no "inappropriate" pictures and posters and stuff. So I brought with me two cans of green and blue paint to paint the walls with. Sasha wanted blue and I wanted green. We started with that. I had sheets made with music notes and cheerleading items put on with my name monogrammed on it. The comforter is the same except cheerleading items and basketball poses and stuff on it. Sasha was musically inclined and a great post player. I am glad we both made the basketball team. I am a guard and she is the post. We got done redecorating the room and left for orientation. Our first day of college was soon. Hopefully, this year brings new hope and joy.