August 28 2005

My green eyes shimmers as the sun set behind my families burning house. Tears filled my eyes as my brother runs over and pulls me into a hug. My brother, Derek Hale's, girlfriend, Kate Argent had set our house on fire with our brother, sisters, cousins, and parents in it. The only ones that either was not in the fire or made it out was our sister, Laura, and uncle, Peter, who is badly burnt and can't heal. I slide to the ground and start crying. My family burnt to death because of unknown hunters in town. How could we have been so careless?

Derek pulls me to my feet just as an arrow lands were I was just sitting. I turn just in time to see Kate send another arrow at me before Derek and I take off running into the woods. We were taught that if anything like this ever happened, to meet at the camp grounds about seven miles west of the house.

It doesn't take long to get to the camp but I keep running. "Aniya! Aniya stop!" Derek calls after me, but I still keep running. I run to the cliff that Derek and I used to play at. I slow down as I come to the last turn when I hear someone screaming for help. Coming around the trees, I see a boy no older than ten, leaning over the edge of the cliff.

"Hey, whats going on?" I yell running over beside him. Below the boy on a small ledge was another small boy.

"Help please," the boy beside my pleads. I reach down and grabs the boys hand just as he is about to slip. Pulling as hard as I can, I pull him up and over the ledge.

"Thank you," Hes says.

"What the heck were you trying to do?"

"I was trying to get that nest over there," he says pointing to a birds nest near the edge of the ledge he was on.

"What do you need it for?" I ask.

"We have a science project on birds due tomorrow." I walk over to the edge and lower myself down onto the ledge. Holding on to the edge, I scoot over to the nest. I carefully grab the nest and throw it up to the boys. I effortlessly pull myself up onto the cliff.

"Thanks," the boy that was trying to pull the other boy up said,"whats your name?"

"Aniya Hale. What about you?"

"I'm Scott McCall," The boy from the ledge started, "and that's Stiles Stilinski."

"I'm sorry but I need to go," I say before turning around and running off. Half way back to the camp I run into Derek and he told me that in the morning we were leaving for New York.