A New Life (Chap. 4) (a witch love story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

Even though, my aunt had already showed me the city, it was much more fun with Daren. He would be serious, and then he would end his explanation in a joke. He showed me some clubs and where everyone from school hung out, and even where the best stores were.

"So anything else you would like the inside scoop on?" he teased after an hour of driving around.

"Well, I always wanted to up that really tall building thingy, what's it called again...?"

"The Space Needle?"

"Yeah, that's it," I exclaimed.

He chuckled, "To the tall building thingy we go."

"Oh, shut up."

He just laughed. "When you visited your aunt before, she never took you to it?"

"No," I sighed. "My mom thought I would get scared, because when I younger, I was somewhat afraid of heights. But I got over it; she just didn't believe me when I told her so."

"Are you sure you got over it."

"Yep, pretty sure."

"We're here." Daren said as he parked the car.

"Wait, it's open this late?" I asked as I got out of the car.

"Nine is late?" he teased, "Damn, don't fall asleep on me then. I plan on keeping you out much later then this."

"Ha-ha, very funny."

He smirked. "It's open 'til twelve tonight, don't worry if we get locked in, it's Friday so we wouldn't miss anything too important..."

"Like school?" I said sarcastically.

"No we wouldn't want to miss that." We both laughed.

We took one of the three elevators. "Wow, three elevators, you'd think it will kill them to walk."

"You can climb up, I think I'll be lazy, I would rather not die of over exertion."

"I was being sarcastic," I told him.

"As was I, oh, maybe not."

We were both quiet for most of the elevator ride until I realized how high we were getting. Maybe I wasn't completely past my fear of heights, but I didn't want to seem like a wimp. Oh, great, this was not good...

~~~Daren's P.O.V.~~~

So far, I hadn't found out what she was yet, but I still had plenty of time to figure that out. I was surprised at how much I like being with her, it was so easy to be myself near her!