Summer Love

***Ding, ding, ding*** That was it.  The final bell of my high school career.  The thing that I have waited for for so long has finally come.  I breathe out a sigh of relief as I make my final journey out of the hell that they call high school.  Some of my worst memories come from this place, because of one person, my ex. boyfriend Justin.  We had been together for nearly three years, and the week before our senior prom I found him making out with one of the cheerleaders in a classroom.  I never told him about what I saw but I broke up with him the next day.  The sad thing is is that I was really falling for him, and then he went and totally broke my heart into millions of pieces.   I ended up going to prom all by myself, but one special person was always there to help me through those rough times, and that was my best friend Annie.  We have been friends for as long as I can remember.  She always had my back no matter what.  As I was walking to my car I spot Annie and yell, “We’re free!!!”  She turns around flipping her long brown hair and stares at me with those big brown eyes and gives me the biggest smile I have ever seen in my life.  Before I knew it she has run up to me and given me a big hug. “You ready to go?”

                “Yep” Annie smiles as we open the doors of the car. We drive home together every day because Annie’s crazy Indian parents do not think it is safe for her to drive.  But it doesn’t bother me because I get to spend some more time with her.  Every day we blast our music so loud, and sing like we have no care in the world.  Today felt like a fresh start of our new lives so we blared the music extra loud and started dancing in our seats.  We both screamed at the top of our lungs when our favorite song, Wings by Little Mix, came on the radio.  As soon as the song ended we pulled up to Annie’s house and she got out of the car.  I rolled down the window so I could speak to her about our plans for later. “Are you ready for the best summer ever?”

                                “Ummm duh! What time are you picking me up?” Annie questioned.  You see after all the things that happened this year the last thing I wanted to do was stay in this little town for the whole summer.  We live in a small town in the heart of Kentucky, and with that being said there is nothing fun to do there.  All we want to do this summer is go lay on the beach and have some fun, and that is exactly what we plan on doing.  So Annie and I decided to head out on a little road trip and go spend two whole months down in Miami.            

                “We want to beat the morning traffic, so how about 7:00 tomorrow morning?”  Annie groaned and rolled her eyes.  She never was a morning person, but I on the other hand was the biggest morning person ever.  I would wake up at 6:00 each day, even on weekends.

                                 After thinking about it for a while Annie nodded her head and said, “Fine but I’m going to wear my pjs, so don’t be surprised if when you get here that I just wake up and roll out of bed and head out on our way.”  I chuckled lightly and nodded my head in a way that showed her that I understood.

                “See you bright and early tomorrow.” I yelled out after her.

                “Get ready for the best summer yet, and the start of a new beginning.”  When she said these words in that moment, I knew that what she said was true.  This really is going to be a fresh start.  And this time everything in life will feel right.  

A/N: Ok if you are reading this you are literally my fav person in the world! I hope you enjoy this fanfic! This is our first so give us any feedback that you can!! Love you all <3