Forgiven White

Hello, after doing some studying and planning I decided to write a new story! Hope you all enjoy! Sorry for errors.

-----------------------------------------

The mornings were coming to life once again. The sounds of the birds and insects singing outside the window. The endless woods that surround the house. Inside that house lived a peaceful grandmother and her granddaughter. But, they aren't normal mortals.

"Victoria, Get down stairs. I need help making some pie!" My grandma called with her rather raspy voice

"Coming grandma" I yelled out loud while I pulled on my favorite baby blue dress that fell to my knees and held onto my body nicely.

Looking out of my window one last time I decided it was time to do my normal mornings. Slowly I crept my way out of my bedroom to only face my grandmothers grumpy face. She looked rather red than usual.

"What is taking you so long young lady. For given sakes, I'm in my late 50's and I walk around faster than you child!" She spoke rather harsh

"Sorry gram, spring is just so beautiful and the birds just slow me down. I won't be slow anymore I promise gram" I smiled widely and went in to hug her.

"Oh, I just can't stay mad at you. Your mother would be so proud of you for growing up so healthy and helpful." My grandma spoke sadly

"Thanks gran, you kept me alive for these many years and I will keep you alive for many years to." I smiled brightly.

"Alrighty, move along now. We have some pie to make! How does that sound?" She laughed

"Sounds good gran!" I waved my hand a bit and guided my grandma down the stairs.

Once we had made it down the stairs we walked to the kitchen. I took in the happiness of the kitchen, the fruit and the bread that filled the kitchen into the smell of nature. I made my way over to the small basket that held the freshly picked blue berry's, picking it up and skipping my way over to the available dark marble counter. Setting down the blue berry's I reached up to the set of wooden cabinets above me head to reveal plastic bowls, taking one large one down I began to pour the berry's into the bowl.

"Honey, we will be needing some more strawberry's from town. You may take my old Morgan horse into town and buy some fresh strawberry's from farmer Lucille." My gran spoke loudly

"Alright gran, be careful being home alone like always. I will be back soon." I wiped my hands on a near by towel and walked over to the kitchen door to slip on my slim old leather sandals. I opened the door softly to feel the slight breeze of the humid air. I gave gran a slight wave and walked out. I walked down the stairs and skipped my way over the old Morgan horse, hitching her to the metal wagon. I hopped on the wagon and headed my way into town.

Once I arrived in town I parked the wagon by a near by river and walked my way to farmer Lucille. I looked around nervous of all the strangers that had their eyes on me, eying me carefully each step I took. I quicken my steps until I reached farmer Lucille.

"Hey Lucille! I came to get some of your fresh strawberry's. Gran and I are making a strawberry's and blue berry pie today." I smiled and moved a piece of lonely white hair behind my left ear.

"Yes, of course you can have some of my fresh strawberry's, no need to pay for them just remember to stop by my farm later on tonight to give me a piece of those homemade pie you and your grandmother make! They are just my favorite." Farmer Lucille smiled and began to pour strawberry's into a old fabric sack.

Farmer Lucille handed me the sack and I took it with a bright smile on my face, showing my neatly white teeth. I headed back to the old Morgan horse by the river, ignoring the stares of the others.

Once I arrived back home I unhooked the Morgan and put her back into her paster to let her grave on the moist green grass. I ran my way into the house with the sack of strawberry's in my hand. I opened the door and slipped off my sandals to notice a letter on the counter from my grandmother.

"I went out for a bit. You can continue to make the pie but I won't be home for a while. Love, granny"

I looked at the note oddly. "Gran never goes anywhere without me..." I spoke softly.

-----------------------------------------

Sorry it is short. It gets better I promise! Where did granny go? Is she hiding something?