Introductions

April 1st, 2020

Hey there, my name is Luna.

"I don't know why I wrote that. It's to myself, so I don't have to introduce myself to myself. Okay, try again."

There's been quite a lot going on in the past few days.

"Still not great, but I don't really know where to start. The start is always the hardest. I guess I'll just continue on from there."

I would have written about it earlier, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

"I could say that again. Or rather, write that again. But I won't."

A lot has changed for us in these past months, and what I write here is only the beginning. There is much more to the story, but I can only bring myself to reflect upon the first of our--

"How exactly do I explain this in writing?"

--interesting encounters. I was the one least affected by everything in some ways, so it would be easiest for me to relive everything that happened. In other ways, I lost the most from what happened, and writing it out will help me cope with the loss. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but what we went through . . . it's worth documenting.

"Now, for the disclaimer."

We're no better or worse than anyone else, we're just different. Please, it's not our fault, we have dedicated our lives to being normal.

"I still don't know who I'm writing to. Oh well."

It's a really awful thing to live in fear of what others think. Even those willing to accept us are still afraid, whether they admit it or not. I'm sure other people would not be afraid of letting us know we're different, even monsters. That's not all, though. No, some are simply intrigued by us. They want to get close and take a risk. These people are the ones who cause us the most problems. Not the ones who are afraid yet kind, or even the ones who are critical, but rather the people who truly care. And despite what people may think, there are many who do genuinely care.

"Like . . ." I couldn't force myself to say the name.

Alright, I suppose I should begin now with proper introductions.

As I said, I'm Luna Katsaros. Medium height, tan skin, curly red hair and light brown eyes. My hair is naturally a chestnut brown color, but I felt like making a change, and deep red was the winner. I find value in the present, and it is where I feel I belong. I suppose it makes me the most "ordinary" of us, but that really is a relative term. What is favored in one place most likely won't be preferred in another. But we're here, and we're here now, so this is where we belong. Whether it seems like it or not, this is the place that grants feelings of security and familiarity.

One of my best friends is Ella Noble

One of my best friends is Ella Noble. She has pale skin, bright sea green eyes, and light brown/dark blonde hair. She has a particular interest in history, especially pre-Elizabethan England. She is very quiet and polite instead of bold and strong-willed like the rulers of the time. It is more of what she imagines a copy of herself to be. She feels most at home among the literature of that time, surrounded by books in the library or volunteering there or at the local ice-skating rink.

The last college student of our group is Freya

The last college student of our group is Freya. She is constantly pondering the future and taking everything seriously as if it has a meaningful effect. In theory, that is a wonderful trait, as long as one does not take it too far and lack true satisfaction in anything. She has dark tan skin, light brown hair, and hazel eyes. She sees it as her responsibility to keep the fourth member of our group in line, but the sixteen-year-old won't listen to her.

The aforementioned sixteen-year-old, who Freya would call the wild youth of the group, is Kelli

The aforementioned sixteen-year-old, who Freya would call the wild youth of the group, is Kelli. She has blonde hair, naturally dirty blonde similar to Ella's. It looks quite nice due to her pale skin and bright blue eyes, which are more like glacier water than sea water. Not that that makes any sense. She's the boldest of us all and carries herself with such confidence and energy that I wish I had myself. Then again, being Kelli would be exhausting, so I enjoy my quiet and helpful reputation.

Back in late October, she began to act rather unlike herself for no apparent reason

Back in late October, she began to act rather unlike herself for no apparent reason. She began to lead people on, romantically, for her own entertainment before leaving them behind. This reckless behavior, once realized, was found annoying by our orderly friend. I agreed with Freya that such actions are unkind, but I hoped to address it in a gentler means than lecturing. I am not Kelli's mother, and I will not treat her as such.

So, into the story.

Hopefully, I can finish it...it doesn't have a happy ending.