Chapter 1: A new school year full of drama

Tuesday,September 1st 2015

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. The oh so annoying sound that indicates it's time for yet another school year. Today's my first day of junior year, which makes me even more annoyed. It's not that I hate school, but I don't like it either. I don't get bullied or anything, thank god, because that would be the cherry on top. I was the girl that no one noticed, doesn't have a lot of friends and only seems to listen to music whenever I can. It was me against the world. With my music of course.

I was reaching for my phone when I heard a knock on my door.

"Goodmorning," Alec says while leaning against my door. I glanced at him from across the room and saw that he was already fully dressed and ready to face the world. Alec was wearing a grey t-shirt and dark wash jeans. His dirty blonde hair looked messy.

"Goodmorning," I say, giving him a small smile while I silencing my alarm clock. "Breakfast is ready," he said and left afterwards.

"Okay,I'll be down in 10 minutes," I answered him, unsure if he heard me. I rubbed my eyes and sighed quietly. A new school year full of drama."Great," I muttered under my breath.

I walked to my closet looking for something decent to wear. After a few minutes I finally decided on a pastel pink sweater, boyfriend jeans and my black converse. I almost forgot my green accessory today. It's a symbol for our school, Emerald High.We're obliged to wear a green accessory, which I'm thankful for because that's the reason we don't have to wear a uniform. We can choose between a tie, bow, bandana or bracelet. I decided to go with the dark green bandana that I tied around my jeans. I looked at myself in the mirror and ran my hands through my mid long, brown,wavy hair. I applied a small coat of mascara and lip balm for my chapped lips.

I walked down the stairs and saw our mom passed out on the couch. God knows what pills she took this time. I don't even care anymore.

"Mhm,it smells amazing, Alec!" I say, taking a seat at the table. He was making eggs and bacon.

"Thanks sis," he says while flipping the bacon. I took two plates out of the cupboard and Alec put some scrambled eggs and slices of bacon on my plate.

"What time did mom come home this time?" I asked and took a bite of my food.

"3am," Alec sighed and rolled his eyes,

"The guy that she was with yesterday, left his number on a card. It's on the coffee table."

"Well we can add that to the never ending collection," I winked at Alec.He chuckled.

"Hey sis what time is it?" I took a sip of my coffee and looked at my phone. It said 8:09 AM.

"CRAP!"I yelled whilst almost spitting out my coffee. Alec looked at me with wide eyes.

"We're going to be late on our first day! Crap, crap, crap! Thanks for the breakfast, but we have to go...like now! Hurry up!"

With that we both left. I hopped on my pastel blue bike and Alec on his old rusty one which wasn't really working. I told him to take good care of his bike, but he didn't listen to me and now he'll have to deal with the consequences, which are that his chain isn't working properly. That causes us to arrive late for sure now. It's a 10 minute bike ride. Those are actually the most lovely 10 minutes of my day. I love every second of it. How the wind blows in my hair,how the cold morning air hits my body. It's refreshing. Despite all the circumstances at home, I actually live in a nice neighborhood. That's also one of the good things in my 'amazing' life. I past all of the lovely houses and trees, the people who walk their dog inthe early morning, our lovely neighbors whom are 2 wonderful old people that are both almost 90 years old. When I finally reach school, it was almost 8:22 AM and that leaves me a good 8 minutes to collect my schedule and putting my books away. I was locking the lockon my bike when I heard a very familiar voice call out my name.