Prologue

This is the REVAMP of Silver Moon. You do not have to read the originally to understand the revamp. 

Prologue

Atop the crest of the highest mountains lay a kingdom of the wind, named Zephira by its people. The tall crests were intimidating to outsiders, but the rulers who has sat atop the mountains for years felt no such fear. The rulers felt nothing but joy on the day we open our story. A young child, born on this warm spring day, cried loudly as the wet-nurse wrapped the new babe in a towel.  The child had extravagant eyes, and hair as gold as the sun. Her mother named her Eldora, a name almost as old as the sun itself. The mother cooed to Eldora, holding her with pride at the small being she had created. The wind outside the windows also sang a soft melody to the new child, who quieted as the cacophony of sound made a lullaby that soon led the new life to sleep. 

There was one sound that joined the wind, almost unrecognizable in the jumble of sounds. These were the wolves of the sharp peaks, which had lived atop the mountain longer than even the rulers. The first king of Zephira had named the boisterous wolves the Cato pack, and the name had stuck. Little was known about these wolves, but seeing them around the castle or surrounding town was rare. In the history of the kingdom, seeing a member of the Cato pack only happened twice. 

Eldora, in all her brilliance, was not fated to be the only listener of the Cato pack. In the middle of winter, another daughter was born.  Thin and frail, the girls hair was as black as the night, with eyes as grey as silver. The queen named her Luna, after the moon she was born under. Even though Luna and Eldora were only nine months apart, the two were polar opposite. Eldora was the sun, cheering those around her with an attractive swish of her dress. Luna felt lost compared to her sisters grace, and her social anxiety often let her to the library to hide from those around her. 

But dispite their differences, Luna and Eldora felt a close bond to each other. Their mother loved them dearly, but she was often occupied with the duties of being a Queen. The King often had such the same dilemma.  So Luna spent most of her time with her sister, and they grew closer and older together. But they were princess. Following etiquette and order were lessons that each encountered every day. So it was with great rebellious spirit that the girls discovered their favorite nightly activity. They would often run around the castle in their nightgowns, playing with the howling wind outside the windows. Eldora was never mistaken as a revengeful ghost, but Luna's pale skin and straight dark hair led some quests to shriek in horror. One night, Eldora found a way to get into the music room, and was able to play a simple tune do to some music lesson she had. Luna hated to be left out of the antics, and started to sing along. Shaky at first, her voice gained momentum, leading to the most beautifully haunting sound ever to resound throughout the castle's walls.

As the girls got older, they lessened their night walks throughout the castle. Ever since that day, Luna begged to be taught how to play the piano. Even if Eldora did not go, Luna would creep to the music room to play the piano under the full moon.  Luna always went, as if compelled to the piano, and would start to sing. The moon would stretch across her hands, and Luna would feel pure bliss. 

The years started to pass by. At the age of 17, Eldora was severely interested in boys, often flirting and joking around. Luna, whose social anxiety had only grown as she had, stayed to what she knew. Luna still was drawn to the piano at night, even as it became bothersome to her family, and was forbidden to play on the nights the castle had quests. 

Eldora's birthday was arriving soon, and the castle prepared for a grand ball. It was to be her eighteenth, and Eldora was going to make it the biggest celebration the castle had ever seen. Large flowers, food of all sorts, and quests number in the hundreds. Eldora's romantic aspirations were in full swing, and was often found courting an invisible prince on her way to make preparations. Luna hoped that the people would be too concerned with Eldora to talk to her, and her regular fears of being ridiculed and embarrassed in public pounded in the back of Luna's skull. 

Luna did not realize, as she sat worrying in the library, that the events would unfold in a much grander and strange way then she could ever think of.