Act 1 Scene 1 and 2

A/N: Hey guys, MJ210 here! This is a play I made back in my Freshman year in Highschool, but now I'm uploading it here now. This is free to use if you're ever looking to use in a theatre play, just credit back! ^^

Enjoy~!

~MJ210 signing out

Narrator: On a quiet evening of Jan. 21, 1942, the day had winded down and people were already at home......well....not everyone. All the stores and restaurants were closed except for one. Just a little quiet diner on the corner that's open 24/7. A few people were still inside. A man having a drink by himself, a couple sitting quietly and a old bartender. Let's see what they're up to, shall we? ( Walks into the diner and sits on a barstool)

Old Man Joe: (cleans some glasses) Lovely night we're having, yes? (faint British accent)

Rick: (Takes a drink)No...(drops a newspaper in front of Joe) Read that...

Joe: (Reads the front page) Oh dear....

Narrator: (Leans over the counter to read the paper) Yikes.... "The infamous BlackJack Strikes Again. Three victims found dead in an ally off of St. Bernard Avenue. The only clue they could find at the crime scene was three black jacks.....one for each victim...."

Rick: 3 more murders....that makes 8 murders this week!

Madeline: 24 murders in one month.....it just keep piling up...

Rick: And I'm getting sick of it! Every time we get a lead, it always runs cold! (grumbles)

Joe: (Tries to cheer him up) at least you're trying...(Smiles)

Rick: What's the point in trying if this murderer is three steps ahead of us!.......This person....he/she/whatever......is mocking us by leaving cards at the scenes....

Madeline: (Looks at joe) Have you heard anything? Any tips or anyone looking suspicious....something?

Joe: (Thinks) well....I have seen this mysterious figure come in everyday at three, sit at the end of the bar, order a cup of coffee and doesn't say anything....

Act 1 , Scene 2

Rick: Have they came in today?

Joe: (Nods) Usually sitting in the back corner staring out the window. 

Madeline: (Shakes her head) Hopefully we can catch this person before anymore lives is lost...

Joe: yes.....

Carlos: (Rushes in) Boss! We have another one!

Rick and Madeline: (Same time) What?!

Rick: (Scowls) Great! Just great! (Looks at Carlos) Where is it?

Carlos: Follow me. (Runs out)

Madeline: (Places the money on the table) Thanks for the little tip. (Looks at Rick) Let's go! (Grabs his hand and follows after Carlos)

Joe: (Calls after them) Be careful! (Sighs and shakes his head) oh boy...(Picks up his glasses and heads into the kitchen)

Narrator: Oh dear! Another murder! What will our protagonist and his companions find when they reach.....(Pauses) when they reach.....(Grabs the script) wait.......(Looks off to the right) I can't tell the audience the location until the next scene? Geez....(Looks at the audience) talk about dramatic irony....oh well! (Throws the script behind them and walks out of the diner)

Mysterious Person: ...........(Looks around the empty diner and chuckles) Haha~! Such a lovely game of cat and mouse......Hurry detective! Don't solve this....it's game over....(Gets up and leaves the diner).