Part 1

way...no, I was late for school again. And if I said again, I meant again, for the 97th time this year. I was already popular for being late, and my popularity would increase because I would get the 97th punishment today. I was panting heavily when I reached the Physics room, I gulped when I remembered that the Physics' teacher, Ms. Kim Hyoyeon was inside.

I slid the door open nervously, only to be greeted by a dark, ghostly look that Ms.Kim wore. She looked straight into my eyes with one of her brows furrowed, hands crossed as she was tapping one of her feet, she was expecting me. I scanned the classroom, some of them were seriously watching me, but almost half of the students hung their head low. That was already enough for me to figure out that Ms. Kim was in a bad mood. "I see that you're late again, Ms.Kim."She emphasized the word 'Kim' to remind me that we had the same first name.

"I was, uh...I had...an accident?" I chuckled nervously, knowing that Ms.Kim won't buy my made-up excuse, not to mention that I used a questioning tone, I silently cursed myself. "Kim Taeyeon, stop lying!" she roared.

"You're cleaning the pool today!"

***** *****

The last school bell rang, signalling students that school time was over, well except for me. I sighed as I pressed my head against the window, watching enviously to those students who trotted out from the school gate. Three of my friends, Yoona, Sooyoung and Yuri were cheering me up.

"Today's punishment is cleaning the pool." I sang out of boredom, "I'm so going to complain to my parents later that she bullied me." I faked a cry.

"Who told you to be late?" Yoona stated inconsiderately. "Yah! You better shut your mouth before I beat you up, alligator!" I screamed at her face.

"Mommy save me!" She faked a fearful face before she darted out from the classroom. "She probably wants you to be discipline, Taeng." Yuri exclaimed and Sooyoung nodded approvingly.

"But she's my own elder sister! We have the same genes and blood!"

"That's probably the reason why she did this. Come on, she's a teacher and you're a student in the same school, she's just playing her role. After this you shouldn't be late again or she'll be disappointed." Sooyoung stuffed all of her things inside her bag as both of them made their way to the door. "We'll get going now, see you tomorrow, Taeyeon. Good luck for cleaning the pool and take care." Yuri wished then they disappeared from my sight, leaving me all alone in the classroom. I pouted as I looked out the window.

"What a cute pout you have there."

There was a girl's voice coming from behind me out of the blue, following some evil laughters. Feeling startled, I turned around with my eyes widened. Then I spotted her, there, standing at the center in a group of seven just a few steps away from me.

Tiffany Hwang.

The school's biggest bully, yet the most popular girl because of her mature-looking face. On top of that, she came from a wealthy family. Every single girl in my school adored her, liked her and loved her, even the taken ones. I had a crush on her too, well who wouldn't?

She always got like, what? More than 30 confessions in a week, those who already confessed would confess again and again until she accepted them, but much to students' surprise, she turned every one of them down coldly. Why wouldn't she just accept them? I mean, usually a jerk like her would play people's feelings, right? Those who confessed with a smiling face ended up running away with a crying face.

She was a devil. A demon. A beast.

Oh, did I mention that I hated her? If no then yes, I hated her and I still do. I had a crush on her yet I hate her, I don't know if this makes sense.