Harry Potter, Slytherin

DISCLAIMER: I (sadly) do not own the Harry Potter Series. This book is entirely fan-made.

     Harry Potter stood anxiously outside the massive doors of the great hall, waiting to be sorted. So much had happened so fast. Ever since Hagrid had arrived and whisked Harry away to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, his life had taken a turn for the better. Ron Weasley and he exchanged nervous glances. The silvery-blond haired boy in front of Harry turned and held out his hand.

     "Hello, the name's Draco. Draco Malfoy. You must be Harry Potter." The boy said. His eyes grazed over Harry's hairline, resting at the lightning shaped scar. "What house do you hope to be in?" Draco continued.

      "House...?" said Harry, confused, as he shook the boy's hand.

      "You get sorted to see which house you're in. The houses are Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff (ugh, I hate them), and Slytherin." Said Malfoy. "I, personally, hope to be placed in Slytherin. I think you would do well  there, Potter." Ron coughed and muttered something under his breath that sounded like 'Load of scumbags." Malfoy turned on him .

     "What, you got a problem with Slytherin, Weasley?!" He said angrily. Ron's face turned bright red. He said nothing. "Anyway, Potter, I'm sure you could make better friends than this riffraff." Malfoy continued with a jerk of his head towards Ron. His face turned an even brighter shade of red. At that moment, a tall, strict looking woman who had her hair pulled up into a crisp bun burst through the doors.

     "FIRST YEARS, FOLLOW ME!" She yelled. The students meandered over the vast threshold and into the magnificent Great Hall. Harry gasped with the other first years. The ceiling looked exactly like the sky! In fact, it took Harry a couple seconds to realize that it was merely an enchanted roof. 5 enormous tables were placed across the hall, 4 verticle and the 5th placed horizontaly. Then his eyes fell upon a stool with a tattered old hat placed upon it.

     "What is that?" Harry whispered to Draco.

     "The Sorting Hat." He whispered back.

      "Oh." Said Harry, though he still was exeedingly confused. He gave a start as a rip the hat had opened up and began to sing!