....

A sharp pain shot through your chest and you stiffened. You looked down to see a small bullet hole, losing balance as you processed what just happened. After being so careful and taking down enemies left and right, someone had finally shot you down. Things started to go blurry as you slumped to the cold ground.

"(Name)!" You heard Alfred yell. Vision slowly disappearing, you could hear mumbling above you. "Please (Name), you can't die yet, there's still so much to do," Alfred cried, "I can't do this without you! Who else will be my back up?" You gently close your eyes, feeling weaker by the second. Before you could drift off anymore, you reached for one of Alfred's hands.

"You idiot...don't worry about me." Your voice was weak, "We'll meet again soon." And everything went dark.

You sigh, pulling the helmet off your head. The new virtual reality game Kiku made was pretty realistic, but really hard. The only reason you made it as far as you did was because of Alfred. You stood off to the side waiting for him to finish playing. After a few moments of watching him fall dramatically to the ground, finally losing a match, Alfred snatched his helmet off and rushed towards you in a back-breaking hug.

"(Name)! Never leave me alone on the battlefield again," He wailed. You sigh again, hugging him back.

"Don't worry about me, you can handle things yourself. You are a hero, aren't you?"

"A hero who can't protect his loved ones is no hero at all, so I'll have to work harder to keep you safe." He really takes his games seriously.