Prologue

Madison's POV

I sat on my knees gazing out the hospital window. It was a gray day with the rain drizzling down outside. My dolls were scattered carelessly across the floor; what can I say I wasn't in the mood for playing.

My mom was madly typing away on her phone, an my dad was outside taking a call. My three year old sister Mckenzie slumped down in a chair a blank a expression on her face.

Your probably wondering why we are here, well all I understood was that Mckenzie had a doctors appointment, but apparently the results could be life changing. Whatever that means.

The nurse poked her head the door and ushered my mother over. They whispered for awhile and my mom let out a little sob. The nurse handed her some forms and ushered us out the door.

I looked up to exam my moms face. Her eyes were bloodshot and her nose was red, and every once and awhile she would let out a light whimper.

She caught me starring " Madison are you ready for a change". Is rated for at her in confusion " why does something have to change ".

" Because honey That's how the world works " she glanced over at my dad and sister. Kenzie was digging her chin into collarbone and dad was carrying her.

I must have still looked confused because she continued explaining "honey your a big girl now and you have to be there for your sister no matter what ok". I nodded my head looking down to examine my new shoes.

" Ok I promise " I stated smiling slightly. Mom just nodded her head "good because Mckenzie has autism ".

And that's when my life changed.