Ethereal

"Have you ever seen someone so beautiful time seems to stop around them?"

The sun outside is still yet to rise.

And that means, most people are still cozy on their beds and sleeping. Only the few risers who have business to deal with in this ungodly hour or elders doing their daily aerobics in the nearby park are the only ones loitering around the neighborhood. Sunday morning is supposed to be a work-free and rest day. Slumping on the couch while still in your comfy flannel pyjamas, flipping the remote all over the early morning television shows with a cup of hot coffee on the other hand. That is.

But for some odd reason, a third year college student is already having a mental breakdown on an early Sunday morning for his final project in the form of Min Yoongi.

Two weeks have passed since their professor had announced about their final project that would be due the next month and creativity still hasn't visited him even once. This supposed to hit him like a truck since photography is like a second nature to him, as natural as breathing. But the last couple of weeks were wasted into staring into distant spaces, mind trying to scramble some useful and decent ideas for the project but all are still off. Nothing. None.

The hands that're gripping his strawberry pink hair is dangerously on the verge of tearing his scalp off his skull. Eyes heavy from the lack of sleep – from editing and brainstorming – with almost bruised-like bags residing under it. Already pale skin looking even unhealthier paler in just a span of two weeks.

And he felt like crying from utter frustration because this wasn't supposed to be like this.

A resigned sigh escaped passed his lips, pursing into thin line as nimble fingers grazed over the photo papers in front of him. Colorful and monochrome photos he had taken from the last two weeks are all scattered on the wooden desk, assorted and waiting. He thought this could somehow work, that amongst these photos at least one would stood out...but none to his disappointment. None. All was considered a garbage, according to him, and not worth a look.

With a heavy heart, Yoongi stood up and collect all the photos, placing them in a manila paper envelope before walking away. Maybe, it's best for him to get some sleep for now before taking a stroll outside to look for a better subject, which he hoped would be a success.

It's already four in the afternoon when he wakes up.

Still a bit disgruntled from sleep, he forced himself to roll out of bed. Pulling a black hoodie, paired up with jeans. Pink hair sticking in every direction, trying to tame it in front of the mirror but failed and eventually put a black beanie atop his head to hide the stubborn pink strands. He walk over his working desk to grab his camera, slinging the strap over his neck before turning to his heel and making his way outside the house.

A ray of yellow-orange light greeted him. He tilt his head up to look up, sun starting to set somewhere in west and sky mixing the colors of yellow, orange, pink and purple. The view above is ethereal, oddly giving him some sense of mellow effect that he can't help himself from putting his camera lens in front of him, finger pushing the shutter one, two, three times to capture the scene. It's good. It's good.

He moved his feet forward, taking a leisure steps in the slightly busy neighborhood as he tore his eyes from the sky. There are high school students walking home from school, businessman catching their bus and children walking their dogs to go to the park. Yoongi capture the busy surroundings around him, pushing his shutter relentlessly hoping that this is it.