It

Since Monday, I've been having The Dream.

I'd be in my bed, my alarm clock reading 11:59 every time. I would wonder why I'm still awake every single time. And then, as soon as the clock strikes midnight, It bursts out of my closet across my room and springs onto my bed, onto my chest. It claws and slashes at my chest. I feel everything. All the pain. And then I wake up, in a sweat, at 12:01 at night.

This continued throughout the entire week, each day with the same dream, each one being longer than the last. Each time hurt even worse than the last. By Wednesday, I had visited a therapist and even he could not help me. I felt completely hopeless.

On Friday, I didn't sleep at all. I sat there in my bed, hugging my knees and glaring at my closet. I looked over to my alarm clock. It read 10:47. Somehow, I fell asleep. Only to begin The Dream once again.

It began as usual. 11:59. I looked up at the closet, then I put my put my hands to my face and began sobbing. Then midnight struck, and It... waited? I was so confused. Where was It? I looked back to the clock. It read 12:01. I was relieved. Then I woke up, not sweating this time. I looked over, the clock read 12:00.

And then the closet door creaked open...