Bittersweet

" I have to tell you something"

"What is it?"

I watched him carefully as he fidgeted, nervousness eminent on his face.

"I like you"

His cheeks turned red, it was a cute sight at how embarrassed he was.

"I know"

I cupped his cheeks.

We were in our own little world as his lips claimed mine.

_______

On 23th of November, there was an accident. A car collided with another because of the drunk driver. The victim had fatal injuries...

"I'm sorry "

And just like that, the whole world became dark.

The once colourful world, became dull and monotone. He wasn't here anymore. He was my everything.

The room where he used to stay in was bare, like no one had been living in there. It pained me to see how easily he was forgotten.

I reread his past messages. In the end, my eyes always lingered on a particular one

I'll always be with you.
I love you.

Tears rolled down my cheeks endlessly. This was too much, I can't go without him. He was always in my life that the can't imagine living if he wasn't there.

______

There was nothing in me anymore, no emotion. Just regret that I didn't get to cherish him before he went. But it's alright now since I'll be with him.

Beep!

My lips curved in a small grin, I would be with him again.

Wake up
Who's that?
It's me

I wrapped my hands around him, contented.

You can't die.
You must carry on living.
I'll be with you, beside you, looking over you, always and forever.
Remember that.

He started fading.

No! Don't leave me!

I love you

______

I woke up with a shock and looked over to where he was. There he was, still sleeping soundly. As if sensing my distress, he woke up.

" Are you alright?"

" I love you, you know that right?"

A smile took over his lips, "Yes, I know. And I do too"

"Now get some sleep"

I rolled my eyes as I checked my phone.

1.18 am
22 Nov

I choked back my tears.

This time I would know how to handle it.

Good bye.