The Accidental Cheerleader

Prologue

Let's start with a self introduction.

You know, the boring kind we're always made to do on the first day of school, where everyone is made to sit in a circle on the floor and introduce ourselves one after another. I hope the teacher understands that doing this with a bunch of sixteen year olds isn't helpful at all. Given our extremely short attention spans, I'm not even kidding when I say people lose interest after hearing the first letter of your name.

But anyway. Here goes.

Name: Kasey Danson

Age: 16

Co-curricular Activity: School Paper Club

Hobbies: Reading, Writing

At this point in time I can totally imagine Classmate A turning to Classmate B on his right and going, “Dude. What did that girl say her name was again?” And then Classmate B will go, “I don't know man, I think it starts with a 'K'”.

You see my point there? *sighs dramatically*

So I'm a senior in Derrington High School, and this school's pretty much like all other high schools across the world. We have the social cliques, the high school drama, and even the round and balding physical education teacher whom everyone can't help but wonder. If he teaches physical education, then why is he all tubby like the balding twin of Santa Claus?

And there they go promoting the need for a healthy diet when I'm pretty sure I saw him uncovering a stash of KitKat bars in the PE store, when he thought no one was looking.

Oh, the irony of school education.

I am actually, what people call a 'geek' in high school. Baggy clothes from the local supermarket? Check. Thick framed glasses with equally thick lenses covering half of your face? Check. Straight A's for every single test? Check. I fit the description perfectly.

Now of course being a 'geek' in high school also means we have to deal with other people's crap. It's like a rule that was never stated but one that everyone gets. The geeks will always be the prey, at the mercy of the popular people, namely the jocks and the cheerleaders.

They live up to their social status by making our lives hell.

But before you start looking at me with pity in your eyes and whatnot, I'd have you know that I'm a proud geek. I was never once bothered in my years of high school by this 'geek' label I was given, and I don't really care about the occasional teasing and bullying I receive. I think by ignoring them I'm way better. Still, I've learnt that the most painless way is to just get out of their way and be as non-existent as possible.

I've succeeded quite well too, and it's only around nine months till graduation. I know I can do this! I've done three years, so what's nine months? Nine more months till I enter my dream junior college, and then I won't have to see all these airheads anymore.

My life is perfect to me now, the way I planned it.

Turns out, I was too complacent and someone up there just wanted to punish me for it. Why do I think so? Because the next thing I know, a simple dodgeball match turns out to be a lot more than just, well, a simple dodgeball match, when that one deadly dodgeball decided to go all Fukushima bomb on me.

High school, the way I lived it the past three and one quarter years, was no more.

My life had just gotten so messed up.

A.N.

Hey guys, that was the prologue and I hoped you liked it. A big THANK YOU for reading it! (:

Do comment or vote or anything to let me know what you think of it, I'll need the feedback as I'm still pretty new to the writing scene. ><

Check out my other ongoing book if you would like, its called Because I Love You. The feel of these two books are quite different (:

Thank you so much once more and hope to see you all around! (: