Tiaras, Proms, and Heartbeaks

My dream was always that I get to become prom queen, with the cutest guy in the 11th grade, Cameron Star. He is so dreamy, he's got the eyes of shiny emeralds, their so beautiful. He has blond hair, and luscious lips. He's just so .....

"Ashley!" Shouted Mr. Hill. I jump awake from my daydream.

"Yes, Mr. Hill" I reply in a soft voice, as everyone turns to stare at me.

"Are you paying attention?" He says as everyone laughs

"Yes" I keep the soft voice as I answer his questions

"Ok, then what did I just finish talking about" he said with a 'yeah I thought so' kind of face like he knew what I was going to say.

"You were just talking about the two superpowers in the Cold War" I was surprised that I remembered what he was saying, I had a sheepish smile on, while everyone once again turned to look at the front of the room.

"Just pay attention, can you do that?" I nod. I release all the tension in me.

***

"Abigail, wait up!"

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"Hey, I heard that you fell asleep in history today, and you got busted by Mr. Hill," she said with a chuckle

"Ha,ha, very funny, and no I didn't fall asleep, I was just daydreaming again," I said with a weak smile

"Let me guess, about Cameron Star," she said with a sarcastic tone, and emphasized on the star.

"Yes, I can't help it if he's so dreamy and I always think and daydream about him, you can't blame a girl, I mean he is like the cutest guy in the 11th grade," I said with a sort of plea and protest in my voice, as if I was trying to begin my behave.

"And besides proms coming up soon and I need a date, and I wish he would ask me," smiling, and staring into thin air.

Waving her hand in my face she is trying to get my focus"Ashley, Ashley are you okay. Ashley!"

"What, what is it,"

"What is with your daydreaming anyway, its getting a little out of hand,"

"No it's not, I've only started dreaming,"

"Whatever," she shuts her locker.

"Seriously, it's nothing just a little harmless daydreaming,"

"Yeah, until you get in trouble with all your teachers,"

"Okay, mom il be good," we laugh and link arms as we walk to class.

***

"Hey mom, I'll be in my room if you need me," I shout as I get in the door.

"Wait don't you want to tell me how your day went?"

"Not really," she comes up to my room.

"Sweetie why won't you talk to me,"

"Mom I'm not in the mood,"