Chapter One- Blondie and Brownie

Her eyes roamed around observing everything and everyone that was around her. A small smile playing on her lips as she saw her best friend walking over with two drinks in her hands for them.

Around her people were mingling, some dancing, others laughing. The atmosphere was relaxed, even if everyone was alive right there.

"A shirley temple for the lovely lady," her best friend, Kate said, setting the drink down on the table. She smiled at her friend while reaching for her drink. She fixed her light green gown for what seemed the millionth time that night and patted her hair to make sure the curls haven't came lose

"Thank you," Emma replied, taking a sip of her drink.

"There are some pretty cute guys here," Kate said while Emma gave her a laugh. Of course Kate would notice the guys first. "What? Don't make fun of me, it's not like we see guys everyday that are actually good looking, so let me take it in."

The thing about going to a girls boarding school was that there were no males except for the teachers or other employees. But once you became a junior, they had coed dances with the boys from the sister school, which both the boys and the girls enjoyed.

Just as Emma was about to reply to her friend, a boy came out of nowhere and almost ran into their table. He had a playful smile on his face and his light brown hair messy and his cheeks slightly pink from the running. Following him was another boy with brown hair and instead of running he was walking and gave apologetic smiles to people, even though they did not seem to mind.

The blonde haired kid grabbed an untouched glass of water and chugged it then sat down. He grinned at his friend while setting the glass down. His brown haired friend took a seat next to him. They were both wearing button down shirts, blondie had on a cream one on, while the other one wore a light blue.

Really Emma? Emma thought, Blondie? Since when did you give them nicknames? At least think of a better one for the other guy.

"Sorry," Blondie said to the girls. Emma gave him a small smile.

"It's okay," She told him, not really knowing what to say, quickly looking at Kate soon after.

"I'm Alex, by the way." Blondie/Alex told them. He had an English accent, which wasn't that big or surprise because there was a good mix of kids from different parts of the world here, heck she was pretty sure we could be the U.N.

Rob looked like he belonged advertising toys for kids with his blonde hair which he gelled up and his grey eyes. His eyes seemed to always be smiling, which was nice because not that many people had smiling eyes these days.

"Oh I'm Kate" Kate said with a smile.

"And I'm Emma,"

After a few seconds of silence the three of them looked at the Brownie (that's what Emma decided to call him... for now) expecting an answer. He was tracing patterns on the table cloth, and then looked up at them.

"Will," he told us, going back to tracing patterns. Kate looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders. His brown hair was gelled back as well and Emma noticed that he had bright green eyes. Typical. Brown hair and green eyes.

Emma thought the boys will be leaving but instead the opposite happened.

"Where are you guys from?" Rob asked us.

"New York," She answered for both her and Kate. "What about you?"

"London," he said with a smile, "I love New York, like it seems so alive and the lights and the skyline is to die for."

Emma nodded my head, understanding what he was saying, it was a pretty great city.

"You guys go to Caldwell right?" he asked, "Wait don't answer that, duh you go to Caldwell."

"Yeah and I'm assuming you go to Prince?" Kate said.

"You assume correctly." Rob told us.

"So how is it there?" Emma asked him. The boys always had great stories, when she was younger she would spend hours with her brother listening to his stories.

And that is how Emma, Kate, and Alex talked until the dance was over. Emma knew Will was listening to what we were saying and sometimes commented whenever Alex told him "Will remember when...", after saying something he would start folding his napkin into animals or flowers, and at one point took out a small piece of paper and pencil from his pocket and would start to do something on it.

It was a good evening.

• • •

"They seemed nice," Kate said as she wiped her makeup off.

"They?" Emma asked

"You know what I mean," she said while entering the bathroom to change.

They were in their dorm, which had two full beds, two sets of drawers, and two desks. They had arranged it to their liking so that they both can sit comfortably on the beds and talk to each other late at night and have the desks in a way that they wouldn't disturb each other when studying.

After removing her makeup, Emma pulled out a set of pajamas and changed into them. Then she took out her laptop and was searching Netflix when Kate came out wearing shorts and a t-shirt, he blonde hair in a ponytail behind her.

Kate was beautiful there was no doubt with her bright blue eyes and blonde hair (yes, very stereotypical for a beautiful person). But hey she could be a model.

Emma on the other hand was not a stereotypical drop dead beautiful. She thought herself to be boring. Brown hair. Boring. Hazel eyes which sometimes looked cool in the sun. Boring (unless in the sun). Her 5'4" figure. Boring. Okay Kate was not much taller, only half an inch barely, but still. It wasn't that Emma saw her self to be ugly it's that she felt like a plain Jane or well Emma. Emma who reads books and studies. Emma who's nice. Emma spends time watching too many shows on Netflix and with a strange obsession with gummy bears. Just Emma.

"Netflix?" she said with a mischievous smile, after seeing the laptop open in front of her best friend.

"Netflix."

She joined Emma on the bed, while they chose what movie to watch.

"They were cute," Kate told Emma, which she just laughed to, "What? I don't find every boy cute!"

"Mhm okay. Tell me that when next time you see a boy. But they were alright."

"One day, you'll find a boy cute, Em, and maybe even," she gasped, "Hot!"

Emma smiled to herself thinking about hot boys while the movie started. Maybe it would have actually attractive people in it this time.

Authors Note:
And I'm finally doing it, this is my first time actually publishing something. Usually I like to have a few chapters done but I'm afraid that I wouldn't come back to it (check my drafts).

Anyhow sorry if it's a bit confusing, I'm trying to make it less confusing I don't know if it's working. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Also I might change the title of the book but it's there because I have no idea what else to name it.

Feel free to leave comments. Please leave comments. And thank you if you do.

~Z