CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

I personally love this album, so this review might be a bit biased. CHVRCHES is a Scottish synthpop band, consisting of Lauren Mayberry, Lain Cook, and Martin Cohery. This album kicks off with two bombastic songs called "Never Ending Circles" and "Leave A Trace" (link included). The song after these two is the brisk song "Keep You On My Side". The song "Make Them Gold" is not that special, but it still is pretty good. The fifth song on this album is my personal favourite. "Clearest Blue" Starts off with some high-pitched singing and some lower-pitched electro tunes, intil it goes into the chorus. The tune starts getting faster, just like the singing and the drumming. After that, it becomes a bit slower again. However, when this song goes into its second chorus, things get very bombastic. After the chorus, this song goes into an okay electronic tune. "High Enough To Carry You Over" Is probably the most down song on this record. After  this song, we get the upbeat "Empty Threat". The first seven songs of this album are in my opinion the best, but the other four songs are definitely worth a listen. Overall, I would rate this album 8/10. I would not be suprised if this is going to be CHVRCHES's breakthrough album.