#StopBodyShaming

[[im not being sexist for only having women on the cover, it's hard finding different sized men who aren't bulky and pale skinned]]

What is Body Shaming?

Body Shaming is when someone's body is looked at as "bad" or "unattractive" when in reality, there's nothing wrong with not having a lot of skin on your bones, being too skinny because you have trouble gaining weight, having a little bit of fat on your tummy or having stretch marks on your hips.

They are shamed. Body shaming can happen to anyone of any gender. Men are expected to be fit and muscular while women are expected to be tall, leggy and curvy.

And when people feel like they have to be those things just to fit in, that's where the damage starts.

Self-Confidence, Self-Respect, Self-Esteem all plummets down. Some take a risk by cutting down on their food or working out too much. Others do self-harm and in the end, it's usually not the prettiest.

What is #StopBodyShaming?

#StopBodyShaming is a movement to stop body shaming. It is made so that acceptance and body positivity can be spread throughout people of different genders, race, sexuality, skin type, shape and size, illnesses or diseases.

In a society where only one body type is looked at as perfect and the other ones are degraded, everyone has faced/will face body shaming.

Either through media, friends family or society.

#StopBodyShaming is to help anyone who is struggling to accept their bodies or are facing body shaming. Whether it be self vs self or self vs family/friends, we have to help each other to learn that there is so much beauty in each of us.

How can you help?

You can either help by:

1. Adding the tag #StopBodyShaming on your bios, profile or stories. Your stories will be added to our reading lists and later split into categories either by the genre or message, so it can be easier for others to find different stories of their preference.

Some will be put into special reading lists and will be featured on other different accounts where more people can find it.

2. Write a story with a character/characters who face body shaming or struggle with their bodies. It doesn't have to be a new story, you can add it to an already existing one.

4. We will have a banner and sticker up soon. Add the banner/sticker; most positivity accounts usually have a sticker [circle] but we have decided to have a banner and a sticker just so you can have more options. If you do not know how to add it, you can message me here or on tidess or find a person who can.

We hope you'll take a part in this and spread the message that body shaming needs to stop. It's not the best thing to go through and we must raise awareness that it can happen to anyone. Please reach out, help another.

After all, we're all on the same boat, staying afloat for the moment.

xx