Chapter: 2 - That Is Hilarious...

SO HERE'S THE SECOND CHAPTER, AS I'M SURE YOUR FIGURING OUT, THIS IS A FAST PACED BOOK. WE WILL SLOW DOWN WHEN IT MATTERS DON'T WORRY. THE CHAPTERS ARE SHORT, YES BUT WHEN WE NEED TO START THE LONG CHAPTERS THEY WILL BE LONGER. HOPE YOU LIKE MR MYSTERY.

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW!

Stay Foxy ;)

==========

Chapter: 2 - That Is Hilarious...

I ran as fast as I could, but it wasn't Marcus I was running from. It was my life.

In the past 3 weeks, my dad divorced my mom, my big brother moved to London to live with his girlfriend and now I walk in on my boyfriend making out with a guy.

So I didn't know where my feet were taking me but I let them take me.

When I finally stopped running, I didn't know what time it was. It was getting dark and the air was brisk. I was standing outside a little diner on a busy street. I opened the door and felt the warm air from the fan heater above the door on my face. I went over to the counter and took a seat on one of the stools. There wasn't many people in the diner really, just a couple of people in the booths and one or two at the counter.

"Hi there what can I getchya?" The waitress greeted me with a wide smile.

"Uhh can I get a coffee please?"

"Sure no problem." She started using the coffee machine and continued to make chit-chat "So how ya doin tonight?"

I don't know why, but that was enough. The tears started to trickle down my face.

She obviously didn't know what was going on so she just stood and placed the coffee on the surface in front of me.

"Excuse me?" I heard a deep voice to the left of me and saw a young guy looking at me. He had soft mousy brown hair, and a chiseled jaw and had the most beautiful blue green eyes.

"Uh yeh?" I spoke, wiping away my tears.

"Are you okay?" His eyes were full of concern and he spoke so softly.

"Uhm, well...uhh." I stuttered.

"Can I help you with anything?" He spoke again.

I laughed a little and his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Well, let's see. What would you say to a girl that just walked in on her boyfriend making out with someone?"

He took a deep breath in and let it out. "Uhm..that's a tough one. How about you take revenge out on the girl?" He laughed.

I laughed. "It gets worse, the person he was making out with was my bestfriend's boyfriend."

his eye grew wide and he burst into laughter. "Oh My God! I'm so sorry-but that-is-hilarious!" He said between breaths.

I sat looking at him in silence. And then I burst into laughter and he joined back in. So we just sat there like idiots laughing at my unfortunate situation.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I looked at him, and hesitated my answer, he looked around the same age as me but I didn't know him.

Fuck it. I really wasn't in the mood to way up teh pros and cons.

"Okay." I hopped off my stool as did he. He offered his arm and I accepted.

We walked down the lamp lit streets laughing and talking, I had all but forgotten events of today. I just took in the night scene, the little pools of light that mingled with the city air were gentle and the smells of nearby restaurants filled the air. The buzz of traffic and the trees that stood in the nearby park creating a little safe haven for squirrels.

We came to the edge of a lake and stopped. We had walked for ages, we were out of town by now, but I felt safe.

"It's such a beautiful lake isn't it?" He swallowed hard. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing." He smiled and laughed.

His smile was amazing, it was so full and true. I didn't know what was happening until it had already happened.

I felt his lips move against mine, and we physically relaxed in each other's arms. I was kissing him, oh god what was wrong with me? I linked my arms behind his neck and ran my hand through his thick hair, the soft strands parting as I did, seriously what the hell was I thinking? His hands went down to the small of my back and pulled me closer to him, he used the opportunity to deepen the kiss. Our tongues mingled with each other and his hands were exploring every inch of my body. I was crazy.

He pulled away and took a step back.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you," I said. "I-I just."

"It's okay, it wasn't you, I just.." He trailed off. "I feel like you're misunderstanding something about me."

"What do you mean? you're not a serial killer or something are you?" I awkwardly laughed.

He sniggered. "No, but uhm. I don't....I don't...I can't.."

"Did I do something wrong?" He shook his head.

"No, you were...perfect." He let his head hang. "Okay, okay, I can say this." He was talking more to himself than to me.

"Am I not seeing something?" He let out a small, desperate laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Oh no," His eyes widened and he tried to hold back his giggling. "it's not like that, I mean you're really not the one who "isn't seeing anything"." He sniggered again.

"I don't get it." My face was blank but he continued to feign amusement.

"I know," He laughed again.

"OH MY GOD JUST TELL ME!" I breathed out.

"Okay, okay......" He pursed his lips and put his hands out, as if handing me an actually object of information. "I'm blind."

And now it was my turn to burst into laughter. Was he serious? Did he really think I would fall for this?

He stood there as if mimicking my previous action.

Wait...

"You're serious?" He nodded his head. "No really? No way. You're such a bullshitter." His face remained vaguely amused as if this was actually entertaining for him.

Oh Jesus.

I

Just

Sexually assaulted

A blind man.

I stood in silence, not knowing what to say.

"Are you still there? Because I really can't tell." He shook his head.

"I uh....sorry...uh..." He smiled at my uncomfortable behavior.

I could see the change in him. His eyes turned sad, his smile lost meaning, and his shoulders stooped. He was hurt.

"I'm Becca. What's your name?" I took a step closer to him and placed my hand on his chest.

He looked me in the eye, something I'm not sure how he pulls off considering he can't see them.

"Max...Max Hagan."

==========

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW!

Stay Foxy ;)