Your Namesake

Annie's POV

I remember that day too well. On October 1st 2015, I lost my older brother, Caleb Logan at the age of 13. He was an amazing person. We were only three years apart, but I didn't care. I remember when I was younger and wanted to play baseball just like Caleb.

Even though it's been 16 years, I still remember the day like it was yesterday. At around 7pm that night, my dad went to go check on Caleb. But he wasn't breathing. We called 911 and took him to the hospital. But it was too late. The doctors did everything they could. And that day was the worst day of my life.

I remember the funeral. We had live streamed it. I remember every second of it. Everyone was crying. There were a lot of flowers. I knew that I wouldn't see my brother ever again. And it broke my heart.

16 years later, I'm 25 years old and married to a guy named Ryan. We're expecting a baby boy any day now, and I knew what his name was going to be.

"Ryan, he's coming." I say. I'm now in full labor.

Ryan drives me to the hospital. Soon I'm in a room with a bunch of doctors. About to give birth to my son.

A Few Hours Later

I stare at my baby boy.

"Annie, I know what you want to name him. Go ahead." Ryan says.

"Caleb Logan Davis." I say. I kiss Caleb's head.

Years Later.

Caleb knew who his Uncle Caleb was. Every October 1st, I remind Caleb about who he's named after. We go to his grave at think. Think about everything.

Caleb and his sister Alexandra thought about their Uncle Caleb. I made sure of that. And when it was Caleb's 10th birthday, that day was special. We never forget about Caleb Logan LeBlanc.

He was a great guy.

And the best brother to me.

I know it's sad. But I love it.

We'll never forget Caleb. Ever.