Chapter 1: IRemember Tears and Goodbyes

~He stepped closer to my seven year -old self. "Please Caza?" He edged closer, the words escaping his mouth as a whisper. "Im sorry, Eth, you know I can't stay. But I promise- I mean it, I will come back for you" that's when seven year-old Carrie, me, broke down and cried. Tears flowing
out of my eyes, crying into the shoulder of best friend and first love: Ethan (Eth to me). Since we first met when we were both in nursery him and I had been inseparable, sleepovers every Saturday, partners in every class, Ice cream together every Wednesday afternoon and play park five in the afternoon, get there late and you had to push the other on the swing until they were as high as they wanted to go. Blissful afternoons in the shade, talking. Sitting together at lunch so I wasn't lonely. Ethan was my best friend. I loved him.

But then I had to let him go. Dad got a job in America, Washington. And so the inseparable were separated.
"You really mean it, Carrie Ellen Falls?"
Only when Ethan was serious would he call me by my full name. "Swear, swear it on my life, because I know I will never live without you."
With Ethan's strained eyes staring at me, I swore on his life. And mine.
"I swear on mine and Ethan Gabriel Thomas's lives, at his permission, that I will see him again, if it even is the last thing I do. We will be best friends forever, linked by love and friendship. I will come back to and we can carry on together. I cannot live without him." Ethan smiled through tears, and I was lost for words. So we went to his house and cried together until two in the morning where sleep finally stole me for it's own.~

{10 YEARS LATER}
"CAZ ARE YOU READY HUN ITS YOUR FIRST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL IN ENGLAND IM SO SCARED FOR YOU HUN, IS YOUR BAG PACKED AND-" I cut my mum's obsessive rambling off.
"Geez mum, calm it, I'm all sorted. I've got this day in the bag" I hope I sounded more confident than I really was. We had moved in right next to a massive estate, and on the other side was, happily, Ethan's house. It seemed him and his family were away, because there wasn't a car parked on their drive or lights in the house on. I was thrilled. I had kept my promise.

"Carrie, you're pretty late, stop musing and get a move on! Oh and me and your mum love you!"
Oh dad, I love you so much. You too mum.

I march out the door and first step I face plant on the grass. I'm just too wonderful- even the ground wants to be near me.
Hey, if I didn't laugh about it, I'd be one boring idiot.