Good Bye Daddy....

Good Bye Daddy....

By: Jorge Sanchez

Hi my name is Jesse and I am the smallest one of the family. My family is weird in a way that we all have powers based on our names. For example my name is Jesse which stands for hope. My father's name is Ethan and he has all of our powers combined but he is mostly strong. My mother's name is Nadia which stands for faith. My sister Isabella is all about beauty but it's not all physical it's also about the inner beauty. We are all weird in a way but we are essentially like the picture perfect family. We have dinner together and we are all united. We avoid drama and try to move on in life no matter how hard it is.

Moving on from that I am so excited because today we are going on a road trip. My father hasn't told me nor the family what or where we are going but it's so exciting since we do this every 3 months. We are all packedt for a 4 day trip and it seems as if we are going up north to see the leaves change. We love the fall and we can't exclude the pumpkin spice lattes and/or Frappuccino's whatever we are feeling at the moment. We get this thanks to my mother and sister but deep down like on the down low my father and I actually enjoy them. Let's be real once you have had them it's like nothing is better than drinking that PSL/PSF.

We are now driving and you can start noticing the leaves changing and they look amazingly beautiful. We are all just drinking our Starbucks which we loaded a whole bunch to last us the whole day but they are going to be gone by the end of 2 hours max. Plus we are eating these things from the Starbucks breakfast menu Double-Smoked Bacon, Cheddar & Egg Sandwich which are amazing! My father was eating while driving and my mother told him to make a stop so that we could all eat comfortably in a park and take pictures. So my father agreed and we made a stop. Then the car got out of control and we flipped over a rainy wet road. We ended up crashing into a tree.

My father woke up and woke me up but we were still upside down. Then I remember that my father was unbuckled and he was unbuckling everyone else but my mother and sister were dead. Or at least that's what I thought because I didn't know what was going on at that time. My father made sure I was fully awake and once I was one hundred percent okay my father talked to me. He told me that I had to bring my mother and sister back to life. I didn't know if I could even do that. I was astonished that he had asked me to do that when I didn't even know if I could do that. I remember telling him "Dad I can't do that. Daddy please help me. I don't know what to do please help me dad please." When I said that he told me

"just believe in yourself Jesse."

I remember getting out of the car and as I did that I was praying and asking for my mother and sister to come back to life but my father then said save your family Jess you know what you are doing. As I crawled out my mother and sister came out in a matter of minutes.

We all had very bad scars. As we all got to get out the car my father didn't look at us so all of us went running to go get him and bring him to safety. But we were too late and we realized that he was dead. As my mother tried to break the window to get him out we saw gasoline coming out. As she broke the window the car exploded. Our father was no longer with us. My mother was out of it, she was unconscious and we couldn't do anything. My sister called 911 and people were on their way. We just lost our father and we did not want to lose our mother as well. As my sister tries to help my mother out and try to get her back with us I just couldn't believe on what I just saw. I went on a walk to think what I was going to do but I ran towards my sister and as I ran she hugged me and as she hugged me I fainted in her arms. I was out of it. I saw my father and he said "Everything will be fine. Just know that you helped us all out." The thing was that my sister told me that our father helped them out and that he now lives on through me. We didn't know what to do.

Then the ambulance comes and helps us. They bring us all to the hospital. As I was sleeping I saw my father again and he told me that the strength he had saved us all. The strength mixed with my hope saved us but I asked him why didn't he come out with us. He responded saying "As I used my power to save you guys I saw the strength and power in you guys and I know you guys can live without me. I knew that I needed to save you all even if that meant I have to risk my life for you guys. But I want you to remember something very special. Just know that I will always love you all and that I'll always be in your heart kiddo."