Home Sweet Home

Sadersea, Colorado was a hole. A hole of boring, lifeless, nothing. To think this was my new home brought me to immediate anger. This place was nothing, had nothing. And now I would be nothing. I'd enjoyed my old home back in Sacramento, California. It was fun, yet peaceful. It was a chaotic mess that I loved every second of. It was truly home. But my mom got a new job down here, forcing me and my twins, (We're all triplets.) (Gage) and (Tess) to move, making visits with dad now even more impossible. See, my mom fell into this mode where all she ever does is work and drink, and we don't see her very often. As a matter of fact, this 16-hour-drive was the most time I'd spent within a 5-foot-radius in almost 4 months. The awkward silence was excruciating. Having a twin is difficult, having two, and one having a penis, is worse. Ew gross, we're not even going to go into that much detail about my brother. Gage and Tess looked fairly alike, but somehow I managed to look nothing like either of them. They both had sandy brown hair while my hair was a shiny blonde, silky and down to my butt. Tess and Gage had straight hair and mine was a mess of wild curls. They looked perfect and I looked like a homeless person. They were always polite and dressed nice while I stumbled over my words-and my own two feet. When mom would have parties we would all try to act our best and be mature, making mom look like mother-of-the-year, but in reality we were hopeless. Tess threw herself at every guy available while Gage hid in his room and wrote essays for colleges. (Mind you, he's only a junior.) I chatted with people but almost always got thrown against a wall by some drunken slob who just wanted to throw his hand down my pants. Mom never batted an eyelash to what was happening. She would simply turn her back and sip her champagne, as if she were a queen. And that's exactly what she would be here. A queen. Sadersea was miserable. No parties or balls, no circus or festivals. No parades or flash mobs. We would be moved out within the month, I knew. There is no way my mom could stay in this tiny ghost town with nothing to do besides her job. I almost wondered what kind of guy she would manage to scramble up here. Mom interrupted my thoughts by slamming on her breaks. Tess let out a squeak and Gage's eyes got really big. "Home sweet home!" Mom chirped, and I rolled my eyes. Looking out the car window though, my heart almost stopped. It was grand and beautiful. It was 3 stories and dark grey with vines and dark shutters everywhere. A few windows had a couple cracks streaking across their hard glass, and the roof was beaten. The home looked dead, but for some reason made me feel so alive. It almost seemed familiar.

"Pick any room, but don't go onto the third floor." mom ordered as we got out of the car. We all stared at her suspiciously. "The floor boards are loose and I wouldn't want you to get hurt." she quickly stated. I looked at Gage and Tess and nodded. We were going on that third floor. "Serena!" a tiny voice called out. I rolled my eyes and picked up my little sister, Piper and carried her on my hips. "I'm 4!" she exclaimed, holding up 4 fingers. "I know, you've been four for the past 5 months Pipes." I said. She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. Piper looked more like me than anyone else, with bright golden, curly hair. But unlike my bright green eyes and tan skin, she was pale with big brown eyes. I was pretty much the oddball of the family, and looked nothing like any of them. I was often complimented and mom was told many times she made beautiful children the instant someone would see me, but I resembled a potato in my eyes. I was very skinny, with slight curves, tiny feet, and dimples on each side of my cheek. My teeth had a tiny gap between the front two, and my eyes were green and gold. I always got complimented on my beauty, but I didn't see it. My mom told me I was just humble, but really I was just honest with myself. I wondered how people here would view me. Would it be another school full of evil glares and smirks? Or would this one be different? Trust me, I could most definitely wait to find out.