Preview

I changed forms and streaked towards Selien. I roared and planted my claws in his side, then whipped my tail across his face. He shrieked and came at me like a midwinter blizzard, screaming the whole way.
" You," he bellowed, " will not live to see the next day!"

I remained silent but, narrowed my eyes. I raced toward him, silent as an arrow shot from a bow. At the same moment Selien leaped upon me and we fought fiercely.  I managed to tear his left wing badly, causing him to descend rapidly for a moment, until he regained his balance. We exchanged blows for a moment, but he, being a Rocky Mesas dragon, had the strength advantage and began to gain the upper hand. I fought my hardest and slashed at his under scales, which are the softest and vulnerable, and slashed the weak spot, in between the forearms, slightly under the ribs. His bloodthirsty scream shook the air around him as he shot a column of fire into the sky. He writhed in agony, fire flying in every which way, then remembering his opponent, turned to face me, fire still glowing in his mouth. I leaped upon him with a cry of my own, but before I even got close a searing pain blossomed along my right side. I felt the flames curling up my side as I fell from the sky.

I reached out, but it was to far. If only I could reach it, I thought as unconsciousness' warm grip ensnared my mind.

********

I watched as Gale fell from the sky, my breathing becoming ragged as I raced towards where I assumed he would land. He hit the earth, and my new extended senses felt the tremor in the ground as the impact created a small crater where he lay. Tears blurred my vision as I rushed over and knelt next to him. I was in a pretty bad state, but he was even worse. I couldn't even imagine the pain he was in.

My emotions all spilled out at once, crying over the battle, wondering how Avian and Blake were doing, hoping that Nivea and Hunter were okay, and most of all, over Gale.                                                                  "Please. Please, come back to me!" I sobbed quietly. Gale didn't stir. "Please. Please Gale!" I begged. I glanced at the dragonfire burn on his right side. It was fatal but he had to live through it! Suddenly Gale stirred. His eyes fluttered and he weakly said:

"Avalon?"

**********

I heard a a twig snap behind me and I instantly spun around, my nerves on edge.                                              "Who's there?" I called. " I am Queen Avian of the Dragainions, and I order you to reveal yourself." I said acting like the queen I was supposed to be.

Abruptly the world went black as a blindfold was put over my eyes and a gag was placed in my mouth. My hands were tied and I was hauled onto someone's shoulders. I struggled trying to escape, but that resulted in a whack on the head, which promptly knocked me out.

*

I awoke as I was tossed onto a cold stone floor. I found the gag, blindfold, and ropes were gone, so I got up. Looking out of the bars I saw other dragainions were imprisoned here also. Most of them were all from different regions, but all looking hungry, tired, and some even sickly.

A rasping sound of scales on stone behind me made me turn, and I saw an old Rocky Mesas dragon get up from a laying position and try to bow.                                                                                                              "Queen Avian." he said. His voice was so dry that what I thought would usually be a strong voice sounding like great stones clashing together, was no more than sand on sand. "Welcome to the Griffanion Kingdom."