Chapter I - The Mansion

A/N: Since this is the rewritten version of my story, I've decided to make two or three major changes to the main character. First is the name. Instead of an English name, the main character will have a Japanese name to suit the Vocaloid "style". Secondly, she will be based in Japan, again to match, unlike the original where she lived in the USA. Thirdly... Is just the writing style. 

If you've read the original copy, I hope you liked it and I hope you like this even more (please give me feedback!). If you haven't read the original copy... I wouldn't exactly recommend it as it was my first story ever, so it kinda sucked but, if you want to read it for comparing purposes or just pure curiosity, go right ahead. Yeah, that's about it. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shinozaki Kyoko is your average high school student, although her encounters in this story are no where near average. From unending nights to transforming puppets, her journey through V8 Mansion is not like anything you've ever heard before. Join her as she embarks on a very... Dream-like adventure.

Walking down a secluded road behind my school at 7:00 P.M. was one thing, losing my way on a completely straight path was another. Here's what happened. I had been informed about this path by my friend and she told me to check it out, as I was an otaku who absolutely loved horror, and the path was said to lead people to their deaths. Don't get me wrong, I love fiction, but obviously, I didn't believe it. I was wrong. I had changed into casual clothes after dinner, slipped on a pair of jeans, a hoodie and a pair of sneakers. I told my parents and brother that I was just going for a stroll to clear my mind, as the summer festival was soon and I had to help plan a few things, and they bought it, not asking where my location of choice was. 

I ran straight to school and slowed to a casual walk as I arrived at the path. I pulled up my hood as the wind was quite strong and I didn't want my hair to turn into a frizzy mess. The street lights started to flicker and spew sparks which spooked me a little. I started whistling then a strong wind blew my hood back, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut. After a long silence, I slowly opened my eyes and realised the lights were solid. I waited for two full minutes and they didn't flicker or spew sparks once. I started to back track to go home then all the lights turned off at once, leaving me to yelp as I fell down on my behind. "I swear this road is cursed." I muttered, getting up.

Another strong gust of wind blew in my face, making me close my eyes again and when I opened them again, the moon was high up in the sky. I admired the beauty of the moon, completely forgetting the situation I was in for just a second. After a few silent seconds of admiring the moon, I remembered that I was behind the school on a path where abnormal things happen. The path came right after the huge brick wall behind my school but when I turned to my left, all I saw were trees. Looking further up the path, I only saw a brick road that led into darkness. I looked at my watch to check the time. Midnight. I had been out for five hours. I let out a sigh, turning around to head back... only to find the path ended a few feet from where I was standing. At that point, I was completely convinced that I had walked straight into a witch's labyrinth and Kyubey was gonna offer to make me a magical girl who was bound to become a witch.

I stuck my hand into my pocket and pulled out my phone... only to find it wasn't there. Then it hit me, the fact that I had decided to, for some reason, leave my phone at home. I looked towards the moon and realized there was a mansion just below it. "I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before..." I muttered as I stupidly decided to head towards the mansion despite the fact that I knew something was wrong with it. I started walking down the path again only to realize that the mansion seemed to be moving further away from me. I broke into a run. As I ran, I looked down and realized my clothes had changed. My hoodie and jeans were now a frilly red and white dress, my sneakers a pair of brown boots and my brown hair now three times longer, tied in two ponytails and turquoise.

As an otaku, my brain did the obvious and registered a certain character. "I look like Hatsune Miku." I muttered to myself as I continued running towards the mansion. The thought popped into my mind that any inhabitants in the mansion would think I'm a crazy cosplayer but I pushed it aside. I was panting like crazy by the time I reached the mansion gates...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. So, That's my first re-written chapter. Year end hols have started so I'll try to finish this as soon as possible. I hope you liked it and thanks for reading!