Pursuit of Destiny - Icy, Frozen Cold

Naddie's POV

These past days has been a struggle for me. I would cry everytime I remember my parents situation. It's so hard to comprehend what is happening to us and I couldn't even believe it. If only this is a nightmare, I could just wake up and everything will turn back to normal. But it isn't and that makes me hurt even more.

How could my father did this to us? How could he left us just like that? A realization came to me. You may have all the riches and luxury in life but you can never have everything. Yes I realized now the value of family, the value of communication which I was lacking since I was a child.

I stood up from my bed and turn off the aircondition. It's another day to live on, a new morning has come again but today is different, today is unusual. I stepped out of my room heavily and went to the kitchen. My maid has already cooked something for me but I couldn't find my appetite.

I went directly to the bathroom and took a bath. I don't feel like going to school but I don't want to stay in my apartment either. Where should I go then? At school, I will see him, and of course if there is Jaye, there will always be Jasmine. "But you need to finish the research project!", says my subconcious. At the end, I decided to go to school. So, I took a bath, wore my favorite top and black jeans and went to school.

"He's a fool", that voice echoed inside the girls comfort room. The voice is familiar but I couldn't determine who owns it, not unless, of course, I see the face.

"He thinks, I'm in love with him", she continued, laughing so hard like an evil witch.

"Jas, I don't get it. If you're not in love with Jairo, why are you still together? Hey, what's your plan? Tell us", says one of the girl.

I can't believe everything that I'm hearing right now. My blood is heating and anytime it could reach to it's boiling point. "This is what I'm talking about Jaye", I told to my self. As much as I want to get out from here, I couldn't. I need to know the reason why is she doing it. Jasmine, you're a goody-goody bitch!!!

"Yes, Jasmine, tell us, what are you doing with that ugly face? What is really your plan? Is he worth it?", says another girl.

"You won't believe it guys but I just found out!", Jasmine said in a suprising voice.

"Find out what?", the two girls said in chorus.

"Jaye Lustre is filthy rich! I mean, I know everyone in this university is rich but he's super rich. As in super rich! I just knew that their family owns an Island here in Europe, and they own a lot of business interprises in France.", says Jasmine. So the girl is after Jairo's money. What a shame!

Well, about me, I'm surprised about I just knew about Jaye.I mean, I don't see him like someone who is very rich by the way he dress. He's very simple and humble and he doesn't talk too much. What I'm angry about is how Jasmine's playing Jairo's heart. If he'll knew about this, he will be hurt because I know he likes Jasmine. Even before, I knew that he has a huge crush on Jasmine. But what the hell? Why I am affected? So what? The fact that they're now together is their choice. The fact that he doesn't care about our friendship anymore is his choice. But what is my choice? What about me? Don't I have a story to tell, too?

Since he stepped out from my apartment that day, I haven't gotten the chance to talk to him. It could be probably because he's trying to avoid me again? Sometimes, I don't understand him. I'm back to being a loner again, because only Jaye is my friend. Well aside from Jonathan who haven't contacted me since we met at the hall.

Kring! Kring! Kring!

I almost died of heart attacked when I heard my phone rang. I immediately turned it off before the girls outside find out I'm eavesdropping.