Jonestown

They were all dead, willingly lying their lives down for him, for their God.

A cough tore through his throat, mixed with a pleased chuckle. He was standing on the pavilion of HIS town, looking down at their lifeless forms.

Hundreds of children, hundreds of grown adults, all ready to give away their lives at his command. Of course, some tried to resist, but it was easy enough to solve with a bullet to the brain. It wasn't as if they ever used it in the first place.

It was the Congressman's fault, that was clear. Why were those capitalist pigs so determined to undermine his plan? Why couldn't they accept that he was their MESSIAH? It didn't have to come down to this... this revolutionary suicide.

They practiced it before, it was all part of his plan. How could he trust his people if they weren't willing to die for him, turn in their family for his judgement and sexual hunger, give up all of their things for him? He worked so hard for them, he had died for them, it was a pity that it had to end this way. The temple was going to exist in another plane; this one didn't deserve his holy presence.

His fingers left a fluttering trail on the cooling cheek of a dark-skinned woman, Jessica. A giggle escaped him; they all died the same way, the blacks and the whites, the young and the old. The juice worked like magic, he watched each and every one of them die with blissful agony carved on their faces.

Russia was going to accept them, they were so close to their socialist utopia, and now it was all gone. Nine hundred and nine dead, he counted seven times. A large grin stretched over his face as time went by. It was perfect... a perfect ending.

As he headed to his house, he could hear his mechanized voice echoing through the silent town. It was an ingenious idea to have his recordings playing every single hour of every single day through every crack of his town. How would the People know about the truth if they weren't informed?

He did not feel guilty, he did not feel happy. Jimmy was just sad that he was going to be alone. They were all dead. There was no one to hold the door for him, no one to kiss him goodbye.

Sitting at his chair, he took off his sunglasses with trembling fingers. It was time for the God to leave this inhumane world.

A single gunshot pierced the silence, crowning it as the town's queen forever.