Incomplete

Incomplete.

Koumei felt like that a lot; lost, empty, alone and forgotten. Like he was there but unseen. Merely taking up space and existing in a place that didn't need him.

He knew it wasn't true.

At least that's what he always told himself. That he was needed, that he was important, that they did care for him...

But it was hard to keep himself positive when everyone acted like he wasn't there- they only needed him for his intelligence after all, aside from his mind he was pretty much useless.

He wasn't strong like Kouen, he wasn't confident like Kouha, he wasn't fawned over like Judal or loved like Hakuei... hell he wasn't even doted upon like Hakuryuu was, and that boy was probably the biggest crybaby ever.

No, he was just there. Taking up space and noticed only when people needed something from him.

Even capturing a dungeon hadn't helped his case- Dantelion wasn't a very offensive Djinn, and that suited Koumei just fine because he wasn't a fighter either, but this also meant that he was pretty much useless to his brothers upon the battlefield.

Not that he ever went onto the battlefield mind you, everyone knew he was useless in a fight unless really pushed. He just wasn't cut out for field work, and that made him useless, Kouen had no need for someone who could not even protect themselves.

He had only one use and that was in his knack for creating the best battle strategies the world had ever seen.

It should have been something to be proud of; it was something only he could do after all. But that just wasn't the case anymore. He may have been content to stay behind and lock himself away in the libraries when he was younger, but now that the war was moving along he found that his help was diminishing rapidly.

There was no need for elaborate strategies or political games- his uses were coming to an end and Koumei didn't know what to do about it.

Kouen had no use for a broken tool- brother or not it didn't matter. Once his use was gone Koumei wondered what would become of him... he didn't like to think about that to much.

But what could he do?

He was weak. He was slow. He didn't like expending extra energy because Dantelion always used up so much of it.

So really- he was pretty useless.

But if that really was the case, then maybe it was time to take himself out of the game for good.