Chapter One

Emma's POV
I was just sitting in my cabin, staring at the wall with no purpose. Lately, I had felt so empty. I would say that I didn't know why, but I knew exactly why.
It had been 2 weeks since Xander and I decided to just be friends. However, this "friends" thing doesn't seem to be going too well either, because it seems like we just don't talk at all anymore.
Being at camp is so boring, but when I met Xander, I thought that maybe things wouldn't be so bad. I couldn't have been more wrong though. Now things were sadder than ever because I was worried that I had lost Xander forever.
I felt pathetic, just laying around and doing nothing productive. I looked at my alarm clock and noticed that it was 9:22 am. I was surprised by the fact that I hadn't gone down to dining hall for breakfast yet, especially considering how loud my stomach was growling. After putting on some makeup and getting dressed, I scurried down the dining hall.
About 10 minutes later, after receiving my pancakes, I sat down next to Lou.
"You okay, Emma? It seems like all the spirit is out of you." Lou asked me.
"Well, to be honest, it is," I sighed. Feeling so down was something I didn't like, but it was inevitable. Xander made me happy. He was sweet, intelligent, and cute. He was special to me. But now, he was gone.
"What's bothering you?" Lou looked at me caringly.
"Oh, just some boy drama..." I muttered. I glanced at Xander behind me, and noticed that he seemed happy. I was kind of disappointed by the fact that he didn't seem as upset as I did.
"Xander again?"
"Lou, keep your voice down!" I exclaimed, "And yes. He said we were going to be friends, which is horrible enough, but now we aren't even friends either!"
"Don't be sad! I'm sure things will be okay," Lou smiled.
"I appreciate the positivity, but what makes you say that?"
"Have you seen the way Xander looks at you, versus the way he looks at other girls?"
"I mean, I uh, haven't really payed much attention to that..." I stuttered, and felt myself blushing. Xander looked at me romantically?!
"When he sees other girls, he looks at them just normally. But with you...he stares at you like you're an angel,"
I blushed harder.
I looked back at Xander, and he was still laughing and smiling.
I used to think it hurt to get a scrape, or if you trip and fell. But what hurts more than anything is seeing someone you really care about not care about you.