How Me and My Necklace Saved the World

I scream with excitement and run up onto the stage. Today, October 29th, I win a raffle contest for four 5 Seconds of Summer concert tickets in a nearby park. I gave three of them to three of my friends, and I kept the other one for myself. The friends that I invited are: Tomas, Nicole, and Will.

Tomas is 16. He is a tall and slim boy with big, gray eyes and curly blonde hair. Nicole is 16 too. She is a small and skinny girl with blue eyes and long blonde hair. Will is 17. He is average height with black eyes and dark black emo hair.

"Meet me at the park at 6:00 pm. I'll be there," I murmur into my phone's microphone.

"Okay. We will be there," I heard them reply from my phone's speaker.

"Okay see you guys there," I promise, smiling. I tap the "end call" button and slide into my loose, blue jacket. I feel my neck and feel relieved as my hand slides over my necklace that Tomas gave me for my birthday last year. The necklace has a star-shaped hole embedded in the middle of it. It is the most important item that I own. Why? Because it holds something inside it that can save the world. How can it save the world? That part is a secret. Only Tomas and I are aware about its magical power and importance, but right now is not the time to be thinking about that.

I tie the laces on my turquoise vans and head for the door. When I arrive at the park, I excitedly greet my friends. We walk together towards the concert entrance on the other side of the park. As we walk along the sidewalk, I observe the beautiful orange and yellow colored trees. They are scattered all around the park. Most of the leaves from the trees have fallen onto the grass.
When we arrive at the entrance, I am surprised that we arrive early. The tickets that I won are for front row seats so we head for the front.

After about an hour, the seats are filled and the band starts walking onto the stage. The crowd roars with excitement as the band gets their instruments and microphones ready. The band silences the cheering crowd by starting the first song of the night, "She Looks so Perfect". Tomas, Nicole, and I dance in our seats. It was an exciting night.

I was having so much fun that I didn't notice Will sitting in his seat with a miserable frown on his face. He looked like he would rather be at the dentist.

The song was just about to end when from out of the corner of my eye I see a clenched fist soar towards me, and it hits me on the side of my nose. I fall off my chair, onto the ground in front of me as I feel a shoe kick me in the stomach. I gasp for air until everything turns blurry and I pass out.

"Zandri! Zandri, wake up!" Tomas yells, kneeling down alongside of me. I quickly sit up and Tomas wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. After a while, I attempt to stand up. I look up and notice the bright sun is right above me. I'm guessing that it is morning. My legs are wobbly as I try to stand up. I'm about to fall but Tomas catches me. Then I remember what happened last night. I don't know who punched me or who kicked me. Frustration fills through me and by the expression on Tomas' face, he knows. "When you got punched to the ground, I came running to you. I got punched in the rib and kicked right below my knee," Tomas admits as he helps me walk. "I tried to stand up but I got punched back down by the same person. I couldn't see the person's face because he or she had their back towards me the whole time." I glance at Tomas' knee. It is bruised but it isn't that bad.

"Where did Nicole go?" I curiously ask.

"I have no idea. Before I got knocked out, I saw her dancing. When I woke up, she was gone," Tomas explains.

"I hope she's okay," I state. "When did you wake up?" I question.

"About 30 minutes ago," he replies. We stroll along the sidewalk, heading back to my house. I feel Tomas' hand lace with mine and when he smiles like he used to when we were young, my heart races.