(US vs. UK) You were so great once...

Many sailors had set off on the seas in attempt to find new lands, but no ships had returned. There were no lands outside of Asia, Europe, and Africa. Countries were becoming quite crowded, and land was being fought for.

~ ~ ~

America stood with his loaded rifle pointed at England, ready to shoot. An army was behind him, their guns also ready. They were centered in an empty field, the rain pouring down. It was a fight for land.

"Hey, England," America spoke, "After all, I want freedom! I'm no longer a child, nor your little brother. I'll become independent from you from now on."

The American had a determined look on his face; it was clear he wasn't going to back down anytime soon. On the other hand, England had a sad and worried upon his features. This quickly changed to determination, just like America's, as he charged.

"I won't allow it!" England yelled, using the bayonet on his rifle to fling America's out of his hand. The blade was sure to leave a scratch upon the American's rifle. The gun flew behind England, hitting the ground with a thud. He stared at America, breathing deeply in exhaustion from fighting.

That's when America took the chance to swiftly pull out his revolver. He pointed it at England, standing straight.

England knew his gun was out of bullets. He fell to his knees in defeat, "Dammit! Why?! Dammit!" England cried.

America's face now shows sadness as he looked down at the one who raised him as a child. "England..." America remembered the time the English man had taken him in when he was a child.

"You were so great once..."

He had kept his posture, the pistol still pointed at England.

"I-I'm sorry," the American whispered, and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

A/N: 300 words. I watched a video earlier, it was what would happen if there were no Americas. I found episode 20 in Hetalia (Subbed version), and based it off of America's flashback scene, just with my own little twist at the end.

Please comment on any tips for me, or to tell me whether or not to make more short stories like this.

The Storm is out.