S.Coups/Seungcheol

"Hey Seungcheol come here!" You shouted to the boy who was sitting under the palm tree "you know I don't think that (best friend) would like it if you're like this" you mumbled to him as you're near him and he looked up at you "I know...I know...I shouldn't be mentioning her at the moment" he looked down at the sand and sighed "I don't get why you're still here...I mean all my friends had left me..." and you smiled "I'm not going anywhere until you're all better" you took his hand and helped him up "come on and have some fun."

You look at his features. Messy black hair, darker eye bags and red eyes, well it just shows that he's breaking. You were too, breaking because the boy you like is breaking every second, minute, hour and day. Who knew that someone could cause such a big pain?

~ flashback ~

"Uh Seungcheol...don't forget to drive safely tonight...they said it's going to rain, and take (best friend) safely back home" you told him as he was walking to his car with (best friend) in his arms "yeah, yeah I know, go back inside it's getting cold" you nodded and started making your way towards the porch.

The very same night Seungcheol didn't have his eyes on the road and crashed into a tree. He was lucky he wasn't damaged that much but his beloved girlfriend who was in the passenger's seat was badly hurt, he reached out his arm and caressed her cheek "mian haeyo" he whispered and then he could see that she was losing a lot of blood. Someone who was passing by called the ambulance. As the day goes by Seungcheol was all better but that wasn't something his girlfriend was able to get; on the first night even; she wasn't able to make it alive in the world anymore. The doctors also felt useless as always when they couldn't save someone even if they knew they were near the door called death.

The news reached you the next day of the accident. You were worried for both of them, worried for (best friend)...well because she is your friend and worried for Seungcheol not just because he is also your friend but you have been crushing on him since middle school.

Running through the hospital, you had tears blurring your vision; trying not to think of horrible outcomes. You ran to (best friend)'s room first and seeing a doctor come out "doctor...how is she?" You said as you rested your hands on your knees trying to catch your breath; the doctor reached out to pat your shoulder "I'm sorry...but she's not able to make it" he said in a soft voice and then fresh tears formed and stained your face "could...I see her...one last time?" You said trying not to choke on your tears "sure" he opened the door for you and the first thing you saw was a figure covered in a white blanket.

You slowly uncovered the blanket and blinked trying to keep the tears in; feeling the lump in your throat. After standing there for a while you covered her back up and then walked out of the room to find Seungcheol.

When you opened the door, you saw him looking out the window and not realising you walking in. The sun was setting and the sky had a peachy colour "it would be really nice at the beach...at this time, when you can see the sun setting into the water" you said as you stood in front of the huge window "hey...have you visited (best friend) yet?" You stood there frozen "no...not yet...I just got here."

Who knew you had to lie to him, to just make him happy. But he found out in the end. "So her funeral has already passed?" You stood outside talking to (best friend)'s parents "I didn't know...I'm so sorry I wasn't able to attend" you had your head hung low "don't worry, we all know how close you and (best friend) were" her mum put her hand on your head "that bastard Seungcheol" you hear her dad muttered and then they were on their way. When you entered the room Seungcheol had his head in his hands "why didn't you tell me?" "I'm sorry" he glared at you "is that the only thing you can say?!" He shouted at you and you glared at him "well I'm sorry, I was trying to protect you" you already had tears in your eyes "I tried."

He got discharged from the hospital and was doing worse than before but he did nothing stupid. He blamed himself for ending her life. For you to see him in such a state it hurt like a bitch.

His friends would visit him but after they had, had enough of him, they left. One by one, everyone left his side, except you.

~ end of flashback ~

"I wonder how she's doing?" He mumbled as he sat near the sea, looking at the water eating the sun.

"I bet she's doing great, but missing you greatly" you said as you watch his back and him playing with the water.

"I miss her greatly too" he had tears rolling down "but her parents won't even let me go visit her grave" you shrugged "I guess they have their reasons" he nodded "I bet they do" he stayed silent "I guess I need to move on huh?" He asked no one in particular but you nodded.

He sat near the water and you standing a few centimeters behind him; both watching the sun set.

"Thank you (your name)...for staying by my side when help was needed. I really appreciate it; tolerating my mood and all, I really owe you, big time...so please stay with me for a while longer" he smiled as he said that.

"Yeah...no problem...as I said...I'm not going anywhere until you're all better" you smiled and looked into the distance.

"Well...when I AM" He said emphasizing the word 'am' "better...will you leave?" He looked at you in the eye; which was filled with worry and sadness, you shook your head and smiled "you would be crazy to think that"