Falling Leaves {Niam Horayne}

Niall was the least to say, the epitome of natural beauty.

He didn't have to try, not at all. He was perfect, even with his imperfections and flaws. Maybe it had something to do with his innocent enough appearance, which seemed to make all the girls and boys fall at his feet. The bright blue eyes which held a special kind of spark, and an equally bright smile playing at the edges of his pink lips. It was dyed blonde hair, falling into his eyes as he spoke.

He wasn't very tall. Most of his friends towered over him, and he seemed to like laughing and joking about it. It was his personality which drew a lot of people in, too. There was something about the Irish lad from Mullingar. He was adventurous, from a young age, loving the outdoors and planning the next great adventure to go on. He was content with his life, and it was well reflected in his actions. He didn't have a need to prove himself to anyone or anything, only focussing on trying to make others happy and content like he himself was.

So really, it naturally took Liam by surprise when Niall wanted to be his friend. The boy who could have anything he wanted to, wanted to be friends with the outcast. And it was, in fact, one of those cliche plotlines that always happened in the books.

Niall had his moments too, when he was subdued and quiet. They were the times when he was at his most vulnerable. He often had self reflections, and on more than one occasion, asked Liam if he was ever good enough. It always took Liam by surprise. He'd grown to expect it, yet every time, it caught him by surprise.

Liam would be able to tell Niall more than a hundred ways and reasons why Niall was perfect the way he was, except he never would have had the guts to say them out loud. He had tried writing a letter to Niall before, telling him his feelings. But he never had the guts. Maybe it was because he was pretty damn sure Niall was straight, or that Niall would never look at Liam, the party pooper of Wolverhampton, more than just a friend.

And it was because he never had the guts that he brought upon himself his own heartbreak. Maybe if he had manned up, and told Niall of his feelings that maybe, he'd stop wondering and dreaming about the what ifs. Because they'd started to haunt him, and prevent him of his sleep. And it was really more tiring and more exhausting than it should have been.

Niall was still ever present in Liam's thoughts. Perhaps some would have dismissed it as obsession, a phase, nothing but a mere crush, that Liam was only a teenager who didn't know anything about love. But whatever it was, Liam found himself up again and again every night, thinking about a blonde haired Irishman.

Tufts of blonde hair and bright blue eyes plagued his dreams. Laughter echoed through his mind like in an amphitheatre, and it gave him headaches, honestly. Some days he wished it would all stop, and others, he wished it would never end.

~

I- yeah, Niam feels suck. A lot. I'm just gonna curl up into a ball and cry forever bc Niam omg it's beautiful and it hurts my poor fragile heart.