Chapter 1: The Start

The school bell rings as Kayla packs up her things in a rush to meet her younger sister Aaliyah on the black top. Both sisters 4th and 1st grader in a rush home to avoid Brianna and Mariah, two prissy white girls who are also the principal's daughter. Brianna and Mariah disliked Kayla and Aaliyah for no reason and were willing to do anything to get them in trouble. Don't be mislead, because Kayla and Aaliyah were scared of no one, but their mother HATED when they got in trouble at school so they were just trying to avoid the situation.

Kayla walks down the street as her younger sister rides her bike right next to her, their friend Frank following behind. In the distance they can see Brianna and Mariah walking away from the direction they were heading. Aaliyah looked at Kayla and whispered "Just ignore them and let's get home so we don't get in trouble." Kayla nods in agreement. Minutes fly by as they become closer and closer. When they finally became close enough to walk past each other Mariah kicked the wheel to Aaliyah's bike. Instantly, Kayla pushes Mariah and hesitates "Don't touch my sister or there will be problems," knowing that she couldn't risk getting in trouble at home. Brianna says the same thing in return to Kayla. Aaliyah fixes her bike, and they all walk past each other, acting as if nothing happened... but as soon as Aaliyah paddled pass Mariah, Mariah reached across and punched Aaliyah in the face knocking her off of her bike. Immediately, blood pours out of Aaliyah's nose. Kayla, being more worried about her sister, walks over to her to help her out while Mariah and Brianna walk away laughing. Frank takes off his shirt while picking up the bike and gives it to Kayla to cover her sister's nose. After helping Aaliyah out they walk home in silence.

Kayla jams the key into the door in anger that they weren't able to do anything in return to the sisters for hitting her sister. She opens the door and walks up stairs as Aaliyah follows behind after closing the front door to their home. Quentin, their moms boyfriend at the time, see's Aaliyah holding the shirt up to her nose and walks out of the room and into the kitchen to ask what happened. Kayla tells him everything and how they weren't able to do anything back in return. Quentin replies calmly, "Well i know how your mom is and i don't want you two to be disobedient, however you won't become punks either. We'll just keep this to ourselves meaning your mother does not need to know about this, but if these girls touch you tomorrow after school then you girls fight back and i'll let your mom know I said that if you both get in trouble at school." Kayla and Aaliyah nodded in agreement and started to eat their lunch that was already prepared for them. Kayla knew this was not the end and she was not waiting for them to do anything else to make a move. She was going to handle them, and she was going to handle them tomorrow.

Aaliyah taps Kayla while turning off the alarm so that they can get ready for school. They shared the same room and had bunk beds so the alarm wasn't ringing for long. Kayla woke up and both sisters gave each other a look knowing what was going to happen today. They proceeded to get ready, making sure that they wore something comfortable and something easy to move in. This was Aaliyah's first fight and she knew if they didn't do some damage that this wouldn't be her last. Kayla had been in a fight at her previous elementary school with a girl named Cheyenne who spit on her brother. At the beginning Kayla was loosing, but after kicking the girl, slamming to her to the ground, and dragging her across the black top face down, giving her a permanent scar on her face, she definitely took the win.

The school bell rings and Aaliyah stares at the clock. She leaves her back pack in her cubby and walks outside to meet Frank and her sister. The 3 of them proceed to walk home while the sisters start to tie up their hair. They see the other sisters walking in the distance. Eager and heated to go, Aaliyah runs up and starts punching Mariah in the face. Seconds later, she grabs her by the hair and slams her to the ground while continuing to punch her in the face. Brianna in anger grabs Aaliyah by the back of her shirt, but before she got a chance to throw a punch Kayla charged in swinging, knocking Brianna to the ground. All 4 girls throwing punches left and right don't notice that school security is coming in the distance. Frank struggles trying to break the girls up and fails. That's when a tall, dark skin, long haired officer pulled Aaliyah off of Mariah and proceeded to do the same to Kayla. As he pulled Kayla and Brianna apart, Kayla started kicking Brianna on her way up, giving Brianna a knot on the forehead. The officer handcuffs them all and forces them to head back towards the school. The principal stares at all 4 girls as they walk into the office, noticing that only her daughters have bruises and knots. The officer shuts the door behind them.