Prologue:

I lay down on my bed. I smooth out my dress. I put my hands into fists and lay them crossed on my chest. I rest my head at the base of the bed and my bare feet at the head. I push my curls to the left side, my overgrown bangs loose on my forehead. I look straight up at the ceiling and stare at my hanging glow in the dark constellations, the closest I'll ever get to seeing the stars and moon. It's 12:30 and I lay awake for so long, thinking. I stare for so long my eyes begin to burn with tears. So I close them and cry. I pull myself together and smile to myself. The thought of this whole year which is coming back to me in such a in such a clear view and beautiful thoughts of the light from the sun came back to me. Sitting with Arsen as the sun went down. Walking home from school alone. Dancing in the rain. I can't explain how grateful I am for this life. How I have it, even though I don't know why. Remove my locked crossed arms and move my hands to my locket. It's rose gold and it's center is a opal stone. I remove it from my neck and open it. I've denied seeing the people for four years, now is the time to accept them. My drunk of a mother Calista and my gold heart father, Mack. I quickly snap it close and shake away the thought of a real family. I breath in and clench the locket close to my heart. What a world we live in. A world of suffering, technology, the overwhelming emotion of fear, and love. Through the school year filled with panic attacks, worries and the best part having Arsen by my side. He allowed me to laugh and act foolish as if no one was there and to embrace and love, well, me.